MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb scrollbar color change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-08-08, 12:24 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want it edit the theme yourself. It's just CSS and imo doesn't really effect someones visit to a forum.

its not matter of scrollbat its matter of nethan malcom
i believe mybb will not gonna reach version 2 and nathan is here
If you're really that worried about it become a dev.

Nathan has done more for MyBB than most people.
Xbat, your words sound like more than a direct attack.
If the suggestion is so sensible I'm sure MyBB will think considering it. The suggestion in this thread is simply like paste&activate. Any novice can also do this. Instead of investing time for this MyBB takes care of improving good core features that are hard to implement and maintain during upgrades (vast core edits are a rework for every upgrade).

I politely request you to refrain from spreading flames towards Nathan in public stage. The environment you are using (MyBB) to spoil the situation is empowered by his immense contribution.
(2013-08-08, 01:34 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]If you're really that worried about it become a dev.

Nathan has done more for MyBB than most people.

i wish i could but i dont have enough experience

(2013-08-08, 02:38 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Xbat, your words sound like more than a direct attack.
If the suggestion is so sensible I'm sure MyBB will think considering it. The suggestion in this thread is simply like paste&activate. Any novice can also do this. Instead of investing time for this MyBB takes care of improving good core features that are hard to implement and maintain during upgrades (vast core edits are a rework for every upgrade).

I politely request you to refrain from spreading flames towards Nathan in public stage. The environment you are using (MyBB) to spoil the situation is empowered by his immense contribution.

i m not attacking nathan, im just tired from seeing a mybb user suggest something then suddenly a wild nathan appear saying {mybb will not gonna make this} if mybb not gonna make this what mybb gonna do? its not 1 suggestion or 2 suggestions i can see more than 10 suggestions rejected by nathan and its awesome idea not any idea
so i advice nathan to limit from his rejections if he not gonna make this idea so there is a lot of mybb developers
To be clear (all respect to nathan) if you are lazy to do some suggestions you have to choices to do with all respect
1-Exit from mybb
2-Haire some one else to do it
You'll get the exact same response from any other developer on the team. As a developer I have to make decisions. Those often are inspired by other team members, their thoughts and views, and their vision of MyBB. I can assure you that we're not turning down ideas for the sake of it.

Suggesting that one of my options is to leave the project is ridiculous. If you can't see how that would impact MyBB, you surely can't understand how the decisions to reject certain suggestions impact MyBB either.
Dediklerinizi anlamıyorum ben türküm.
what you said ı do not understand ı am from turkey.
That's really quite rude Xbat. Some features are worth developing, and some aren't worth the code. 9 out of 10 times, I agree with Nathan. And it's not just Nathan that rejects them. They're commonly things that have been rejected in the past, and manage to come up again.

MyBB will reach version 2, and I'm confident Nathan will be part of that. He's contributed massive amounts to 1.8 over the past few months and reported tons of bugs in past versions of 1.6 to SQA even before he was on the team. Suggesting that he should leave the team is rather ridiculous.
Nathan has contributed a lot and well he is one of the leads guiding the project. Now MyBB is a free software. Your not paying Nathan to do the work. Well he is doing you can service to us by investing time and developing a good project so that we can develop forums which run it. And better it not get ruined by useless addition. MyBB forums are lightweight and one of the most stable pieces and dependable even it is old.
And the only thing you can say is bad in MyBB is the development speed. But its free software and has its limitations. Once I complete my college education, I will try to volounteer my self too to make this project go ahead. Well I do hope that MyBB v2 comes out soon. I just dont want hackers and spammers getting some weak point in the mybb code and hammering it with attacks.
First rule on internet boards: don't feed a troll.
Yeah true, thanks Johnny for reminding me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4