MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Something is wrong with our forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Images on our forum as in images that are part of the forum software) are no longer showing up...this includes images within the admin panel. This is the best way to describe one of the strangest issues I have ever seen.

It doesn't appear there need to be any special permissions for the images folder. However changed it to 777 for kicks and that does not appear to have fixed it. Also contacted our host (this is why you host your own apache server), but with download bandwidth requirements for this site it just can't be hosted without a professional grade internet connection.

Is this a known error? We have not had a problem with the forum in years...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you provide a link to your forum and a test account?
(2013-08-13, 03:01 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide a link to your forum and a test account?

If you would like an account will create one...but it is not necessary to see the issue.

*FORUM LINK REMOVED*
The problem is that you are using protected directories for your images directory.

Example: http://www.harleyspencer.com/forum/image...ace/on.gif

Access is forbidden.
(2013-08-13, 03:10 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that you are using protected directories for your images directory.

Example: http://www.harleyspencer.com/forum/image...ace/on.gif

Access is forbidden.

I saw the same thing. But it is not protected. There is no .htacess file in that directory. And if it was protected it would prompt for a password.
I would guess it is a host problem because the server is not allowing public access to the images directory.
(2013-08-13, 03:16 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess it is a host problem because the server is not allowing public access to the images directory.

It is a host issue. Every other program with a MySQL backend is having the same issue on the server.

I have never seen anything like this before. Thank you for your prompt attention and assistance.
sometimes changing file permissions with the web host file manager doesn't reflect immediately.
if that is the case then a ftp client should be used (eg. filezilla)

(file permissions guidance for the folders & files)
(2013-08-13, 03:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]sometimes changing file permissions with the web host file manager doesn't reflect immediately.
if that is the case then a ftp client should be used (eg. filezilla)

(file permissions guidance for the folders & files)

It was done through a terminal command.

Thank you again to all the quick replies. To clarify it is a server issue as it is happening with all our MySQL applications on the server.

On another note MyBB is a great product. I like it better than vbulletin in many ways. However what I don't like is this particular board settings where one can't post a reply in a new post (it attaches to my prior post) until someone else posts.
(2013-08-13, 03:20 PM)schnappi Wrote: [ -> ]However what I don't like is this board settings where one can't post a reply in a new post (it attaches to my prior post) until someone else posts.

You can change that. Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Posting > Post Merge Time. Set it to 0 and save.
Pages: 1 2