MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error when updating the admin member list page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting an error when I try to edit the layout of the admin member list page: Users » View Manager > Edit View > Options.
I'm a novis and Clueless what I need to do to fix it and hope someone here has an answer

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'custom_profile_fields' in 'field list'Query:UPDATE mbb_adminviews SET title='All Users', type='user', visibility='2', fields='a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}', conditions='a:15:{s:8:\"username\";s:0:\"\";s:5:\"email\";s:0:\"\";s:7:\"website\";s:0:\"\";s:3:\"icq\";s:0:\"\";s:3:\"aim\";s:0:\"\";s:5:\"yahoo\";s:0:\"\";s:3:\"msn\";s:0:\"\";s:9:\"signature\";s:0:\"\";s:9:\"usertitle\";s:0:\"\";s:11:\"postnum_dir\";s:12:\"greater_than\";s:7:\"postnum\";s:0:\"\";s:7:\"regdate\";s:0:\"\";s:5:\"regip\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"lastip\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"postip\";s:0:\"\";}', custom_profile_fields='a:3:{s:4:\"fid3\";a:1:{s:4:\"fid3\";s:3:\"N/A\";}s:4:\"fid1\";s:0:\"\";s:4:\"fid2\";s:0:\"\";}', sortby='regdate', sortorder='desc', perpage='20', view_type='table' WHERE vid='1'

Thanks, PinkStar
Thank you very much New2mybb

PinkStar

Update:
It says on the blog: "These changes have already been made to the main download of 1.6.4 – so it you’re still waiting to upgrade, now is the time to do it!"
I have 1.6.10 but in my admin area it says I have the last version. The thread is 2 years old and I installed my forum a week ago via softaculous.
I'm a bit confused. But my issue is due to this for sure and I should add this patch?

Thank you, PinkStar
It's not recommended to use softaculous. MyBB always recommends you to install MyBB manually.
Softaculous is good but best is to install mybb manually
I wish I had known that before installing it as it appears that the version in Softaculous is atleast 2 years old...
But how come it doesn't give me a later version to update to in admin? Also due to Softaculous?
Well there's honestly no point in solving issues with Softaculous. I would recommend you to reinstall your MyBB forum manually. Take a look at the link below to help guide you when you are installing your MyBB forum.

Link: http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html
Thank you for the link Arbaz.
Since I've already launched my forum and have members and posts, I wanted to save these and restore them when I do a fresh install. Can I backup files and download them and implement them in my new install or will that cause issues?

Thank you
PinkStar
You can backup the files through your FTP and download your forums database through ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Database Backups (Be sure to select all tables).

It shouldn't cause any issue(s).
Pages: 1 2