MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Title Polish 0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Demonate presents
Title Polish 0.1

A Plugin for MyBB to normalize and proper-case thread / post titles which are mixed-cased.

As I've stated in my core edit tutorial, we have a very common problem with the thread title posted by the users which often contains mix-cased letters:

haPPy nEw YEAr <- this

So, apart from that tutorial, here is a plugin for you all to give it a little flexibility.

1. If you activate the plugin and switch to on from Plugin settings; all the future title of your threads will be normalized.

[Image: zHDFFC4.png]

2. But, sometimes it is required to post mixed cases in title, say you are making a thread with a title: I love CSS, HTML & PHP. Now if the plugin is on, the title will become: I Love Css, Html & Php. To bypass that; now you can set an escape key:

[Image: CwknSLQ.png]

The escape key can be anything, but be sure using something unique which can never be the start of a thread title. Say, you have set this as escape key in ACP: xz!. Now if you write your thread title as xz!I love CSS, HTML & PHP : your title will be posted as I love CSS, HTML & PHP.

3. There is also an option to set the forums where this plugin will not work, separated by comma. It is useful for the less moderated 'anything-can-go' forums where users are allowed to perform stupidity.

[Image: jqanC7S.png]

This plugin costs $100 FREE!!! Big Grin

So use it and leave some feedback / suggestion for further betterment.

Demonate download link:
http://demonate.com/thread-1236.html

Mods site download link:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/title-polish

[attachment=29952]
good plugin

so it capitalizes the first letter of each word?
^ yes, and that works for the thread titles
hello efffone. This plugin does not seem to work when the edited title.

after making the thread and I changed the title so this plugin does not work.
(2013-08-19, 01:32 PM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]hello efffone. This plugin does not seem to work when the edited title.

after making the thread and I changed the title so this plugin does not work.

Well, its meant to be like that as I've made it only for Subjects of new thread.
This plugin doesn't work if you edit the title after posting or make a reply and change the title for reply.

But it is not so complicated. If you want it to be working for editing titles as well as for changing titles during reply; just do this little modification to your plugin .php file:

Open the plugin in a text editor, go to line no. 32 and find the code line:

$plugins->add_hook('datahandler_post_validate_thread', 'titlepolish_normalize');

and add just after that:

$plugins->add_hook('datahandler_post_validate_post', 'titlepolish_normalize');

Now save your plugin file and re-upload under inc/plugins.

All the titles of your threads / posts will be polished from now onwards Big Grin
WORK.

A VERY BEAUTIFUL POLISH. Big Grin
hello effone

I found a bug in this plugin.
there is a little problem with this plugin. time editing thread and I remove the title and then the title of the thread is gone.
Sorry, what happened? Can you elaborate please?
in the thread I remove the title and the title disappeared.

although it does not happen always. but it often happens when I do a test.
Pages: 1 2