MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Country Block List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to share my Cloudflare country block list. If you use the Cloudflare service and want to country block then go into their Threat Control for your domain and enter these countries.

By country blocking Cloudflare will force a captcha from anyone in these countries. They can still access your site but this will prevent spam bots and attack bots from these regions. These are likely going to be the most troublesome traffic countries which 99% of us don't need.

So here's my list:

Albania
Algeria
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bolivia
Bosnia
Brazil
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Chile
China
Columbia
Congo
Czeck Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Indonesia
Iran
Iran, Republic of
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Jordon
Kenya
Khazastan
Korea
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Mexico
Mongolia
Morocco
Pakistan
Palestine
Panama
Peru
Phillipines
Poland
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Sri Lanka
Taiwan
Tajikstan
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Ukraine
Venezuala
Viet Nam
I like the list however disagree with the part where you mentioned Pakistan. I've had many Pakistani members before on my forums who were active and HQ. I never had an issue with Pakistan for years.
Thanks for sharing. Very useful information.

Here's my list:

USA
U can use .htaccess to block but why block ....people?
(2013-08-24, 11:18 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I like the list however disagree with the part where you mentioned Pakistan. I've had many Pakistani members before on my forums who were active and HQ. I never had an issue with Pakistan for years.

It's not about the members. It's about rogue datacenters, bot traffic, and lawless nations. Like I said...the Cloudflare country blocks do NOT stop legitimate users from joining or participating. They are given a captcha to prove they are human.
Why is Greece blocked?
(2013-08-25, 01:45 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]the Cloudflare country blocks do NOT stop legitimate users from joining or participating

It does, by annoying them. It just makes them leave and go elsewhere.
(2013-08-24, 11:18 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I like the list however disagree with the part where you mentioned Pakistan. I've had many Pakistani members before on my forums who were active and HQ. I never had an issue with Pakistan for years.

I've had forums in the past and pakistan have been by far the most problematic for me anyway in my experience with forums.

(2013-08-25, 02:13 AM)fizit Wrote: [ -> ]What did Finland and Greece ever do to you?

Thats just an idiotic comment. He obviously had bad traffic from those countries, why else do you think there on the list ?
The major chunck of problems come with Chineese spammers. So if in case you have trouble block them but cloudflare handles most auto.

Dont be completely against one nation. It hurts peoples sentiments. Not all are the same.
Quote:Dont be completely against one nation. It hurts peoples sentiments. Not all are the same.

They shouldn't take it personally. It's not about the people, it's about the machines. If you have tens of thousands of machines trying to spam your forum from one country but don't have any legitimate users from that country, there isn't any issue with blocking their access.
Pages: 1 2