MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can someone here help me update my forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I been out of the loop for about a year and a half. My forum crashed and I need someone to update it for me.

This is the link to my forum and the error message:

http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/index.php

Please PM me. Thanks
Run this query on the database:

repair table mybb_sessions;
(2013-08-25, 04:16 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query on the database:

repair table mybb_sessions;

Thanks Nathan, but I forgot how to do this. Also, I am going to need help upgrading the latest version.
^ you can follow this guidance --> Common SQL queries and how to run them

for the upgrading, close the forum (set to offline), upload the latest MyBB files and run the upgrade script
see upgrading guidance
Hi all,

I am still having trouble fixing my site. What is the simplest FTP to use? It's been too long since I have updated my site as I have mentioned. I am having trouble navigating the FTP.

Please let me know what would be the simplest FTP.
I would recommend using filezilla however you need PHPMyAdmin to run queries.
(2013-09-08, 12:00 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend using filezilla however you need PHPMyAdmin to run queries.

I am running a Mac with the latest OS. PHPMyAdmin does not run on Mac.
Which one will work on a Mac that can perform queries?
Have you tried Sequel Pro
(2013-09-08, 09:17 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Sequel Pro

I went ahead and downloaded it, but can't seem to establish a connection to the server. I am able to establish a connection using my outdated Dreamweaver CS3. I am also having trouble changing/locating the error as suggested so I can get the forum back up. I tried following the path of the error but still can't seem to locate it and I do not think I can run queries in Dreamweaver. Please advise. Thanks again!
^ your forum admin panel appears to be working. navigate to below location
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> Task Manager --> on right side find Tables Check
--> next to it, there will be a clock like icon to run the task. click on it & then check if your forum works
Pages: 1 2