MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DDoS attack, how do I recover?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My site is down by a DDoS attack from our rival. What should I do?
Click Here For My Website
This is out of the scope of MyBB support, but there's little you can do. You're on a free host, which is also less than reliable. I have to ask, how do you know it's a DDOS attack if you don't have server access?
edit: delayed response

contact your web host - initially they should be able to combat the attacks. you can try using CloudFlare to prevent them
Not much MyBB can do about it. Contact your host and take a look at the tutorial below.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127635.html

Also, I recommend you to buy a better host.
(2013-08-29, 07:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This is out of the scope of MyBB support, but there's little you can do. You're on a free host, which is also less than reliable. I have to ask, how do you know it's a DDOS attack if you don't have server access?

They admitted to it and I just entered my host CP and...
	Server #26 is under the DDOS attack (IP Nullrouted)
We have just received a HUGE (over 3GB/s incoming traffic) DDoS attack targeting the Server #26. Our CISCO guard firewall was unable to handle such attack, so one of the server IP address - ##.###.###.### was disabled (all the rest websites on this server are working fine).

If your website is using this IP (due to unique IP rotation system only 3% websites are using this IP) it will be unavailable for the next 6 hours. As soon attack will subside, this IP address will be enabled and your website will start working again. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
I was introduced by this beautiful message.
But since they are shared hosting how do you know your site was the target?
(2013-08-29, 07:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]edit: delayed response

contact your web host - initially they should be able to combat the attacks. you can try using CloudFlare to prevent them

Incapsula > Cloudflare
Nothing you can do. If you don't have server access, if you're on a shared host, or if your host is mitigating it for you, all you can really do is sit tight and wait.
"over 3GB/s incoming traffic"

Ahh that's nothing compared to some I have seen.
The best option is to keep multiple hosts or move on to a VPS.
Pages: 1 2