MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the default font of posts on my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm guessing somewhere in the global.css file I have to edit a hex code but i'm not sure where. I just want the default color of the font in anyone's post to be black. Right now it's gray and it isn't exactly readable with the white background. Thanks!
you can try adding .post_content {color: #000 !important;} at the bottom of global.css (advanced edit mode)

hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on a topic page after saving changes to global.css
Hey that worked! thanks dude. If anyone else knows the proper way that's be great because I'd like to change the font on a few things. I was thinking there's like somewhere the gray font hex code is saved so it can be used for multi things, so i could change it to #000.
^ in general, you can change all #222 and #ccc to #000 (see html color codes)
ok, thanks man!
(2013-09-02, 06:47 PM)Neolexia Wrote: [ -> ]ok, thanks man!

or you could alter the class in the correct css file or create a new css file add classes then alter your templates to suit your new classes ... it is possible to add more than one class to an element so in some circumstances you could add extra styling by adding the extra class eg

<a class="float_left red" href="index.php">link to index</a>

this may float to the left then add the css rules in the class red (here you could alter the text size and set the font color red, background blue and a large font)

example

float_left{
float:left;
}
red{
color:red;
background:blue;
font-size:22px;
}