MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images showing for guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have image attachments set so guests cannot view them. It's very important that it is set like this and I've noticed for quite some time now that this is broken.

guests CAN see the images AND they CAN view attachments via google or googlewebcache AND google translate if they know the exact url of the images.

They CANNOT click the image to enlarge it in the thread.

I have an e-stalker who likes to steal copyrighted materials and harass my members if he can get information. I have a good bit of my forum private but I cannot and do not want to make it totally private. the crazy is indicted and will face charges soon enough, but for the future and for anyone else in this situation, the settings should work.

I did not realize they were not working until I found out he was taking stuff via the method described above and many of these images are in the private areas.

I've discussed this at length with Dylan from the merger team and he's stumped too. He's best to give you technical details on this if necessary.

And as you can see, you can even hotlink them.
Original thread:
http://twitchinkitte.com/thread-3782.html

attached image: (this should not be able to be hotlinked)
[Image: attachment.php?patmannixisastalker.jpg]
access to private areas should be disallowed for the bots (through robots.txt)
(2013-09-08, 07:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]access to private areas should be disallowed for the bots (through robots.txt)

Which has nothing to do with what she posted. Please read posts before responding.
I'm not talking about bots, M. That image is the thumbnail in a thread. The thread is not in a private area and I have ALL attachments set so guests cannot see them.
Even if guests are not allowed to see attachments, they can see the thumbnails though.
If you want to change that, I guess you have to remove the part && !$mybb->input['thumbnail']
from this code:

if($forumpermissions['canview'] == 0 || $forumpermissions['canviewthreads'] == 0 || ($forumpermissions['candlattachments'] == 0 && !$mybb->input['thumbnail']))
{
	error_no_permission();
}

in attachment.php.
Thanks Doyle. I'll show that to Dylan.
Glad someone else had the time to look-see at this. Mine is taken up far too much with school Wink
Doyle, anyone, what about the fact they can hotlink attachments?

This image is in a private forum and it is able to be hotlinked if someone knows the URL.
In fact, some of my private images seem to be visible using google webcache or google translate as well.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2701]
please forgive me for off topic here
Quote:... some of my private images seem to be visible using google webcache or google translate as well
that is what I tried to concentrate (post #2) amidst of a heavy rain and flood water - it could be a blunder from my side

on topic: above attachment is not visible - so I guess hot linking is not working
(2013-09-09, 02:10 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]please forgive me for off topic here
Quote:... some of my private images seem to be visible using google webcache or google translate as well
that is what I tried to concentrate (post #2) amidst of a heavy rain and flood water - it could be a blunder from my side

on topic: above attachment is not visible - so I guess hot linking is not working

I see the image just fine. Double checked it logged out. Still see the image. In fact, I see all images posted.
Pages: 1 2