MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix width of postbit user area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys

today I searched in all Mybb.com forum to see if other people have the same problem of me.
I found this guy:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-110744.html
But set "width: 200px" or something like that didn't work for me.
I have custom usegroup css in global.css

For e.g.
.usergroup4 { 

background-color: #F2F2F2;

}	

.usergroup2 { 

background-color: #F2F2F2;

}	

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20952]
This is the problem that i have, different widths (ATTENTION! Only of USER AREA, NOT DIFFERENT WIDTHS OF THE TOPIC. This is not my forum, it's an image that I found on this forum)

This is my postbit_classic:

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

<tr>

<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>

<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
constant width should actually help
<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} width="300px" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">
So i did this.
In my main theme, the one in which I didn't do custom usegroup it works.
In the theme in which I did custom usegroups this doesn't work. Members still have different postbit width.

Sometimes it looks like that it works, but it needs just to scroll down a thread to see that it didn't work for all. And happens also that (for e.g) I do a post in a thread and has a particular width, some time later I answer to the same thread and I have a different width of the first one.
^ usergroup background has nothing to do with the width. suggestion is to use width="250px" instead of width:250px
for the related table cell - and that width also depends on avatar size & user name size when you use percentage !
I did but it doesn't work.
What problem can it have?
^ can we have your forum url (and test user account if guests can not view topics)
I'm doing it on my pc with a localhost, nothing online...
I can do some screenshots if you want.
If you can see, you use this:

<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}">

Then default value takes 15% of table contents, then another 85% it's for the message contents, if you use the CSS too, then you have problems, you have to delete the width, and then it works if you put 250, 300 or whatever you want on your CSS, because if you put value manually at the first call, well you have more than one, you hace to add new value if you want to add some more things or an id to put anothe rvalue to new ones xD.

I thing you put the value on another place, i told you where xD.

any problem, you can put here after that change, and one more thig, you have to flush your explorer cache.

Cheers.
If I put 15%, % doesn't fix the problem. I need to fix the postbit column or the width is too much different between members (with %).

E.G
In this forum
http://intoxgaming.com/forum/Thread-TF2-...A-R-Raffle
the width is FIXED. I need to do the same
just now I observed a mistake with the code in post #1
<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
needs to be
<td class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
that is, class="trow1 usergroup{$post['usergroup']} width="15%" needs to be corrected.
obviously, constant width does not work because of that mistake!
Pages: 1 2