MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: At Home Polls (Formerly Poll Box) v2.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-09-25, 02:04 AM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]REQUIRED: Advanced Sidebox (last tested on 2.0). Found here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox

GitHub: https://github.com/Tanweth/Poll-Box

A module for the Advanced Sidebox plugin by Wildcard for myBB. It displays an existing MyBB poll in a sidebox.

Features
  • Identify the poll to show either by pid (to show a specific poll), or fid (to show the latest poll in the given forum or forums).
  • If the member hasn't voted yet, it will display voting options. Otherwise it will display the results.
  • A sidebox-optimized poll layout.
  • Includes a link to the original thread of the poll.
  • Inherits permissions from the poll's forum, so it won't display for members who aren't supposed to be able to see it.

I like this addon alot, Im using it on my forum as well, but one thing is bugging me, and I cnat find a way to fix it:

When the poll sidebox shows the results, the width of the poll options overflows the border of the sidebox, as seen in this screenshot:

[attachment=30806]

I already tried setting the width in the asb_poll_results template, but without any effect at all :/

Can you help me? Thanks a lot Smile
I can't edit the template, is the plugin not compatible with the latest sidebox?
In addition to not getting notifications from GitHub anymore, I am also apparently not getting notifications from this thread (I'm subscribed to it). Gmail's spam filter strikes again methinks. Anyway, sorry about the lack of responsiveness. In future I will do my best to make sure that support is more prompt. Smile

First thing's first, the plugin has been updated to v2.0 and renamed to At Home Polls. The biggest change is that it now includes a version that doesn't require Advanced Sidebox (though in my opinion the Advanced Sidebox version gives the best experience). But it also includes some bug fixes and minor revisions on the Advanced Sidebox edition as well, including resolving Lu5ck's issue, so I recommend upgrading if you are using Advanced Sidebox 2.0.5. You can download it as an attachment on the first post, or from the GitHub page.

@Gobee129: I can indeed reproduce your issue if I lower the width of my sideboxes. Looks like I need to make some more tweaks to the default way of laying out polls to make it scale better to lower widths. I'll work on it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Smile

Updated to v2.0.1. This includes some minor language fixes, but the main feature is some significant changes to the layout of the ASB Edition (or the compact layout on the Standard Edition). This should make it display better at lower sidebox widths (kudos to Gobee129 for notifying me of the issue Smile ). I still wouldn't recommend going below 160px (ASB's default) since it looks quite squashed below that, and if your poll options are too long the poll will still extend beyond the bounds of the sidebox.

Another quick update (v2.0.2). Fixed an issue with the way total votes were displayed when they reached double digits, and updated it so that you can now deactivate the Standard Edition for updates without losing your custom settings.
Im not sure how to update this. I added the 2 new files to the right folders, but the poll box doesnt work. Should I delete the old asb_pollbox files?
Yes, the files have been renamed. You should remove the old module through the Manage Modules screen of Advanced Sidebox. It'll remove the module file and the templates. You can also delete the language file (inc/languages/english/asb_poll_box.lang.php) for tidiness, though it isn't necessary to make the new version work.

After that installation should be as straight-forward as before. Once the new language and module files are uploaded, ASB will install it automatically. You'll need to place it in one of your sidebox areas again, and reapply your settings.
(2014-02-19, 01:22 AM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the files have been renamed. You should remove the old module through the Manage Modules screen of Advanced Sidebox. It'll remove the module file and the templates. You can also delete the language file (inc/languages/english/asb_poll_box.lang.php) for tidiness, though it isn't necessary to make the new version work.

After that installation should be as straight-forward as before. Once the new language and module files are uploaded, ASB will install it automatically. You'll need to place it in one of your sidebox areas again, and reapply your settings.

I uploaded the new files and deleted the old module like u said.

Then I used the same settings as before, resulting into this:

[attachment=31069]
In another quick bit of news, At Home Polls is now on the MyBB Mods site. So if you prefer to get your plugins from the official source, you are now able to. If you use the Standard Edition, you will also be able to see if there's a plugin update on the Mods site from your Admin CP by checking for plugin updates.

@Gobee129, so the issue is that it displays the sidebox header but not the poll itself?

The first thing to troubleshoot is whether the templates are being created. Look under the templates for your theme, find the "Advanced Sidebox Templates" (if you're using 2.0.5, otherwise look under Ungrouped Templates) category, and see if you can find a template called "asb_poll_results." If it isn't there, then Advanced Sidebox isn't generating the templates for some reason. If it is there, make sure it has content in it as well.

Also, what version of Advanced Sidebox are you using?
(2014-02-19, 07:47 PM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]@Gobee129, so the issue is that it displays the sidebox header but not the poll itself?

The first thing to troubleshoot is whether the templates are being created. Look under the templates for your theme, find the "Advanced Sidebox Templates" (if you're using 2.0.5, otherwise look under Ungrouped Templates) category, and see if you can find a template called "asb_poll_results." If it isn't there, then Advanced Sidebox isn't generating the templates for some reason. If it is there, make sure it has content in it as well.

Also, what version of Advanced Sidebox are you using?

Exactly, the header with title gets created, the result doesnt.

I am using ASB 2.0.2, and the asb templates for me ar eunder global templates, I've worked with them a few times already to fix some bugs and make some changes.^^

The tenplate for the poll results is called "asb_poll_box_poll_results". A template like you said "asb_poll_results" (without the "poll_box") does not exist.
asb_poll_box_poll_results is the old template. I shortened the naming scheme in v2.0 and above, so it should definitely be called "asb_poll_results" now.

The old templates should be harmless (since they're no longer referenced), though that does indicate that the old Poll Box version wasn't removed fully, which may be significant. Are you sure that the old module is removed completely? There shouldn't be a file called poll_box.php in your inc/plugins/asb/modules folder anymore. The old and new modules do conflict, so if ASB is trying to read both, that may cause mischief.

The version of ASB that you're running may also be an issue. I have only tested the latest version on 2.0.5. I tested an earlier development version on 2.0.4, where the only issue was templates weren't editable (ASB 2.0.5 handles templates differently, so making it compatible with 2.0.5 resulted in this issue). But there may be more issues when running it on 2.0.2.
(2014-02-20, 12:02 AM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]The version of ASB that you're running may also be an issue.

Not to intrude, but yes that is the issue. Upgrading to ASB 2.0.5 would solve the issue. I'd suggest removing At Home Polls ASB Edition completely, upgrade to ASB 2.0.5 and then re-install AHPolls module.

Just my two cents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4