MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: best place to sell a forum car ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i`m thinking about selling 1 of my forums www.vauxhallmodified.com but where would be the best place to list it for sale
Any marketplace online. You have more chances selling it on forums such as general forums with a marketplace, webmaster forums, technology forums or sell it to a competitor.
thanks m8,what sort of price do you think its worth, it was setup in jan 2012
That depends on what you selling from your site. Such as theme, database, domain, etc.

Domain: Around $20 - Traffic is low but a lot of backlinks and well-advertised on many social networks.
Database: Around $35 - A lot of posts but your top poster of the day was a guest (201 posts) and out of 740 members, only 27.03% of them have once posted which is like 199 members. Replies per thread is low which means you don't have daily posters AKA site is pretty much dead.
Theme: It's a free theme so you don't have resell rights.

That's totally my opinion, it might differ for others and you could sell your site for a higher price.
Try flippa.com .
(2013-10-01, 01:12 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]That depends on what you selling from your site. Such as theme, database, domain, etc.

Domain: Around $20 - Traffic is low but a lot of backlinks and well-advertised on many social networks.
Database: Around $35 - A lot of posts but your top poster of the day was a guest (201 posts) and out of 740 members, only 27.03% of them have once posted which is like 199 members. Replies per thread is low which means you don't have daily posters AKA site is pretty much dead.
Theme: It's a free theme so you don't have resell rights.

That's totally my opinion, it might differ for others and you could sell your site for a higher price.

thank m8 i thought it would be worth quite abit more after all the work thats gone into it it is having a quiet spell at the min tbh but if thats all id get id sooner just keep it and find some1 to run it for me, i have got a admin thats just moved up from mod but he just needs to learn the software more tbh
To be honest, if you were to find a way to increase your forums activity, the price would increase rapidly.
(2013-10-03, 07:20 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, if you were to find a way to increase your forums activity, the price would increase rapidly.

thanks m8 at least i know a ballpark figure now i think ill just take a more active role on the site again to get it active again as i was alot better say 6 months ago tbh, ive also got a new project now which is www.fordmodified.co.uk but that 1 runs on vbulletin 4 software. thanks again for your help
No problem. Also, change the background image for both of your sites. It's not appealing. Another thing, remove the cookies policy located on the bottom left hand corner. I personally find the cookies policy annoying.
(2013-10-03, 09:21 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. Also, change the background image for both of your sites. It's not appealing. Another thing, remove the cookies policy located on the bottom left hand corner. I personally find the cookies policy annoying.

I assume the user is from the UK (or europe). New EU law requires all websites to have users accept the cookie policy upon loading the site. Damn EU law!
Pages: 1 2