MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A weird problem and a stupid action from my side... sorry...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
After I log in successfully and than go to user c.p. trying to change e-mail address for example, i get the message:
"The password you entered is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, click here. Otherwise, go back and try again."
So, I am not able to change anything in my profileeven as admin.Sad
Does anyone know how can that be so?Sad
Anyway, falling in panic i did a stupid think, i deleted default admin account... what can i do now to recreate the admin account back...Sad
I am not sure, do you have direct access to the SQL database, e.g. over php myadmin??
Just make a new user over the board, than change him directly in the SQL Database to Usergroup 4 (the users are in mybb_users Smile ). Now the user should be an admin again Smile. Good luck
Also when changing your email I think you have to input your password.
Bill Wrote:I am not sure, do you have direct access to the SQL database, e.g. over php myadmin??
Just make a new user over the board, than change him directly in the SQL Database to Usergroup 4 (the users are in mybb_users Smile ). Now the user should be an admin again Smile. Good luck
Is there no other way to solve the stupid situation...Sad
Well, assuming the board was new, and had no more than 2-3 members and very little post, my advice would be to start over. Delete everything, re-install the board, and start over. (and try not to do the same thing again).

If the community is a big one, do as Bill said. Its not hard to do it.

On a side note, I urge Chris to add some kind of prevention against this. It could seriously
I guess i will have to...Sad
I moved my self successfully to group 4 and now i am administrator but it is strange that still i did not have access to a part of control panel. Seems like i am still not an absolute administrator.
When I tried to access this part of control panel:
Users and Groups > Admin Permissions
I got the access denied message:
"MyBB Message
Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel."
What can i do to have access even to this part of the board?
In phpMyAdmin or in some sort of MySQL management interface run the following queries.

DELETE FROM mybb_adminoptions WHERE uid!='-1';

INSERT INTO mybb_adminoptions VALUES ('YOUR UID','','','1','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes','yes');

Replace mybb_ with your table prefix if you aren't using the default, replace YOUR UID in the second query with your user id.

Chris.
I had the same problem a whie ago. I deleted the first admin, and afterwards non ofter the remaining admins where able to change the permissions, so I also finally had to change it directly in the SQL Database. Smile