MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Problem with Smileys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new user that cannot see the smileys. Any ideas on why. I've asked her to make sure she is using the correct "Reply" button, rather than quick reply, but to no avail. Thanks for any help! Dixi
Are her images turned off? That could be a reason. Can other people see the smilies?
Images in Explorer? Or is there a setting in the MYbb program.. I looked, but couldn't find... She is able to view smileys in other forums. Oh, and yes, all other users can view and use the smileys. Dixi
What browser is this user using?
At school I cannot see the images on some forums because the URL to those images contains blocked words, such as 'mp3'. Some people also have ad-blockers that prevent images with words as 'ads' in the URL to show up. You could ask her if this could be the case for her and if she is aware of such a blocking mechanism in place.

Seeing as she's the only user with the problem an erroneous setting in your forum settings seems highly unlikely Smile
Also she may have disabled smilies when setting her account upto by accident
wildteen88 Wrote:Also she may have disabled smilies when setting her account upto by accident

Where is that setting??? Thanks for all the responses, guys! Dixi