MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello all!
i programmed mybb 1.6 and added mods.
i want to shere my work, and the files, but i don't know ho to do the mybb install will install the new db, for the plugins will work.
i want too that when the installing over, it will send to my GMAIL a mail with the url of the new forum.
some one can help me please? Rolleyes
if i understand correctly, do you want to install a fresh mybb forum...

if yes then first download the latest mybb package, extract the zip and upload the files to your server using a FTP or your host cpanel.

after uploading the files visit the url, yourforum.com/install and follow instructions.

more details here: http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html
(2013-10-19, 09:46 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]if i understand correctly, do you want to install a fresh mybb forum...

if yes then first download the latest mybb package, extract the zip and upload the files to your server using a FTP or your host cpanel.

after uploading the files visit the url, yourforum.com/install and follow instructions.

more details here: http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html

no. i dont want to install fresh. i programmed fresh mybb and added mods.
i want to add the the defult install the new db (the new tables), but i dont know what to edit. i tried to edit the install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php but if i use mysqli it doesnt work.
^ it is still not clear for me. can you elaborate a little more
do you want to have a new database with the original structure (as if it is a fresh install) ?
or do you want to add new tables to existing database to suit your created plugins
(2013-10-19, 10:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ it is still not clear for me. can you elaborate a little more
do you want to have a new database with the original structure (as if it is a fresh install) ?
or do you want to add new tables to existing database to suit your created plugins
^ required database queries should be added within the plugin file(s)
you can see this general guidance --> http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Methods.html
Yep you can add new tasks on you own plugins and add to install task, then you can activate and activate plugin to do more things, but on install or uninstall can delete and create new tables, this to can use your plugins ever you want on any MyBB version.

I can help to you if you wish, sen me a pm and we talk about this task.
i think what he is saying that he recoded the whole mybb forum software with new mods, and want it to share with people, and when people do installing the forums that a message will sended to him with the forums url and link name, but thats not legal right, cause he needs permissions from mybb, right?
(2013-10-26, 09:24 AM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]i think what he is saying that he recoded the whole mybb forum software with new mods, and want it to share with people, and when people do installing the forums that a message will sended to him with the forums url and link name, but thats not legal right, cause he needs permissions from mybb, right?

yeah
[Image: Screenshot_2_zps25a6cba7.png]
Pages: 1 2