MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I finally did it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I took the plunge, and upgraded from Windows 7 to 8.1. And to be honest, it's not nearly as bad as I expected (of course I am using IOBit Start Menu 8) (however I've been using my two Macs a lot more now Toungue)

Any success\horror stories?
I literally can not be assed to do it. Formatting is a pain in the lime and I just do not see any real benefits that warrant the time.
I've been using windows 8 since launch basically. I think it was a good upgrade. It's intuitive once you use it for awhile(it is different not going to lie).
Getting a new computer in November with W8 on it. Besides people just not liking change I haven't really heard anything bad about it.

I think with a new laptop/touchscreen it will work wonderfully.

edit: touchtop huehuehue
Well 8.1 Is a must have upgrade for Windows 8. It is much better and well makes it a bit backward compatible.

I am already used to the start screen and it is easy to use once you get accustomed.
I did it a day or so ago, and while I have no issue with Windows 8 itself, I'm finding getting drivers to be a pain in the behind. I've had to get third party graphics drivers as AMD/HP stopped supporting switchable graphics for my laptop a while ago and I had to find third party intel wifi drivers because wifi was dropping out on official one. Apart from that, so far I like the OS itself. I particularly like the boot time which is much faster than when I was on 7. I haven't used it much as I've been using my netbook but I'll have a bit more of a play with it once I get home
8.1 is good as far as i have heard, i will upgrade my system today
I upgraded to windows 8 for about a month. I liked it except the home screen apps didn't work on my netbook (said resolution was too low.) There was a fix but it made my screen look disorientated. Not worth it to me.
I've been using Windows 8 for a year, very recently (Last week or 2) I've decided to completely remove Windows 8 and install Ubuntu.

After a while you find numerous things which need a work around to work properly, it really wasn't pratical for work.
I am still using Windows XP on all but one of my PCs :p on that one I use Linux Mint Big Grin
Pages: 1 2