MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spammer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://sintation.com/

There are 3 spam accounts I believe on my board. How would I remove the user and all their posts? I downloaded Goodbye spammer but there is not an option (at least cannot find one) when I edit the user.
I deleted one user before the plugin so their posts still remain, how would I get rid of those as well? Thanks.
Go into your AdminCP, and remove the users that you want. It should remove their posts (and if not then just go into those forums and delete their posts).
Hello, Rob. Goodbye Spammer is an excellent tool to get rid of spammers from your board. You can either opt to use the Goodbye spammer function by clicking the image in the postbit (post area) of the spammer(s) thread, or by visiting their profile. When you spot a spam post, look for this image underneath the users stats:
[Image: uo6TX9d.png]
Clicking it will bring you to the goodbye spammer page. It is best to leave the default options checked by maximum efficiency.

The other way to use the Goodbye spammer function is by visiting the members profile, as seen here:
[Image: 7t3IZtj.png]

If you do not see the buttons, this is due to the fact you recently installed a new theme. If this is the case, go to your ACP (admin control panel) and deactivate and reactivate the Goodbye spammer plugin. This will insert the required template changes into all of your themes.

Hope I helped Smile
PS: You may want to look into using http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question and changing the default questions.
(2013-10-23, 02:31 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your AdminCP, and remove the users that you want. It should remove their posts (and if not then just go into those forums and delete their posts).

Worst idea, in no way I am going to manually delete 400 posts. Thanks though...

(2013-10-23, 02:36 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Rob. Goodbye Spammer is an excellent tool to get rid of spammers from your board. You can either opt to use the Goodbye spammer function by clicking the image in the postbit (post area) of the spammer(s) thread, or by visiting their profile. When you spot a spam post, look for this image underneath the users stats:
Clicking it will bring you to the goodbye spammer page. It is best to leave the default options checked by maximum efficiency.

The other way to use the Goodbye spammer function is by visiting the members profile, as seen here:

If you do not see the buttons, this is due to the fact you recently installed a new theme. If this is the case, go to your ACP (admin control panel) and deactivate and reactivate the Goodbye spammer plugin. This will insert the required template changes into all of your themes.

Hope I helped Smile
PS: You may want to look into using http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question and changing the default questions.

This is good, but what about a member that I deleted and his posts are still there? There is no option for Goodbye Spammer
(2013-10-23, 02:36 AM)Rob Zombie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-23, 02:31 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your AdminCP, and remove the users that you want. It should remove their posts (and if not then just go into those forums and delete their posts).

(2013-10-23, 02:36 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Rob. Goodbye Spammer is an excellent tool to get rid of spammers from your board. You can either opt to use the Goodbye spammer function by clicking the image in the postbit (post area) of the spammer(s) thread, or by visiting their profile. When you spot a spam post, look for this image underneath the users stats:

Hope I helped Smile

This is good, but what about a member that I deleted and his posts are still there? There is no option for Goodbye Spammer
If you deleted the member, the Goodbye spammer function won't be there for them.
(2013-10-23, 02:36 AM)Rob Zombie Wrote: [ -> ]

Since you already said that you delete the user, the plugin won't help at all. You are now stuck with deleting those member's post manually instead of having a plugin do all of the work.
Judging by his forum, he has deleted them. In the future, you'll want to get rid of the traces left before it builds up. You should never delete a spamming user until his posts are gone with him.
My forum got less spammers. Here what i installed on my forum

1. Spamlyser
2. StopForumspam
3. Recaptcha
4. Cloudflare integration

Btw you can change the text of "powered by mybb" to something like forum software by mybb
Security Questions does the trick for me.
If you've deleted a user but its traces/posts are left then here is how you can delete their posts.

Login to your cPanel (hosting control panel) > phpMyAdmin > Select your database > Click on "SQL" tab > and paste the following query in the box and hit Go

DELETE FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE uid = '0';

Important!!
1. If you've enabled "Guest's Postings" in your site then DO NOT run the above query, instead paste the following query and hit Go;
DELETE FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE username = 'USERNAME-GOES-HERE';
Enter the username of that "deleted" user in between the ' '

Username can be found by visiting the thread pages where that deleted user has posted and copy the username from postbit and enter it there.

2. And before doing any SQL query job, its always good to keep a backup copy of your forum's database.

3. Then you also need to Recount and Rebuild the following 3 options;

Rebuild Thread Counters
Rebuild Forum Counters
Recount Statistics

These options are in: AdminCP > Tools and Maintenance > Recount and Rebuild
Pages: 1 2