MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to rebuild all caches at one click?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
In the ACP, there're serveral caches like: version, attachtypes, smilies, badwords, usergroups, stats etc,
I have 2 questions:
1. What are the caches that necessarily to rebuild frequently?
2. How can i rebuild all caches at one click? addition, i want to select one or multiple caches to rebuild at the same time.

Thank for your suggestions!
(2013-11-13, 09:08 AM)meoip Wrote: [ -> ]1. What are the caches that necessarily to rebuild frequently?
You shouldn't need to frequently rebuild them, generally they will rebuild themselves when things are changed. The only time you're likely to need to rebuild them is if you make database changes manually or revert to a previous backup - as some things may then fall out of sync.

(2013-11-13, 09:08 AM)meoip Wrote: [ -> ]2. How can i rebuild all caches at one click? addition, i want to select one or multiple caches to rebuild at the same time.

As far as I know you need to do them individually, but as above, generally it won't be necessary to rebuild more than a few.
(2013-11-13, 09:13 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-13, 09:08 AM)meoip Wrote: [ -> ]1. What are the caches that necessarily to rebuild frequently?
You shouldn't need to frequently rebuild them, generally they will rebuild themselves when things are changed. The only time you're likely to need to rebuild them is if you make database changes manually or revert to a previous backup - as some things may then fall out of sync.

(2013-11-13, 09:08 AM)meoip Wrote: [ -> ]2. How can i rebuild all caches at one click? addition, i want to select one or multiple caches to rebuild at the same time.

As far as I know you need to do them individually, but as above, generally it won't be necessary to rebuild more than a few.

Thank you Cameron,
I don't make database changes manually or revert to a previous backup but my statistics board run not correctly, (http://mybbforum.com/stats.php), I have clicked to rebuild and recount at the ACP but the statistics board not change, it counts not correctly so I have to rebuild caches then it works correctly. What is happening with stats.php?
I'm pretty sure the stats.php page caches the data for ~24 hours (to reduce the server load for viewing the page)

EDIT: Yep, you'll see that the stats.php loads the most_replied_threads and most_viewed_threads caches, and inc/tasks/dailycleanup.php rebuilds most replied/viewed threads.
(2013-11-13, 09:37 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the stats.php page caches the data for ~24 hours (to reduce the server load for viewing the page)

EDIT: Yep, you'll see that the stats.php loads the most_replied_threads and most_viewed_threads caches, and inc/tasks/dailycleanup.php rebuilds most replied/viewed threads.

@Cameron: The stats.php doesn't work until i click to rebuild caches Sad
What do you mean "doesn't work"?
@Dennis: Hi,
I check stats.php everyday and i see that my statistics board does not change even users post new thread day after day and the viewings grow up too. The stats.php up-to-date information until i click to rebuild caches.

Sorry, in addition mybb version 1.6.11
Which parts of stats.php doesn't get updated?
The most popular: Most replied to threads and Most viewed threads
Is your daily task being run? You can check the last run time in the ACP Task Manager, click the View Task Logs tab. What does it say beside the Daily Cleanup line?
Pages: 1 2