MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I dont know what the fudge is happening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so my forums were fine this morning then i left to go somewhere and came back to see that they were all olive up i did not edit anything or do anything that i know of i have no idea why this happened. for some reason it says 30 in the top tab bar its wierd the only thing i have really done is do what this guy told me to do a long time ago like a month ago http://community.mybb.com/thread-148949.html <--- this is what i did. please check it out and reply to see if i can have some solutions for this i am trying to get my server host to roll back my server so hopefully that will happen the link is http://fuziongaming.net/forums/
If you can login:

Enter your ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration and change your Board URL to http://fuziongaming.net/forums - this will solve the stylesheets issues and Board Name 30 to whatever you like your board to be named.

While under General Configuration set the following:
Cookie Domain from 30 to blank
Cookie Path from 30 to /forums/
Cookie Prefix from 30 to blank

Now save return to the main Settings list and enter Server and Optimization Options:

Set Enable XMLHttp request features? to Yes.

If you can't login:

Run the following SQL queries

UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = 'http://fuziongaming.net/forums' WHERE `sid` = '35';
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '' WHERE `sid` IN (42, 44);
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '/forums/' WHERE `sid`= '43';
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '1' WHERE `sid` = '170';

replace chosenPrefix with the prefix you have chosen for MyBB's tables...
...and delete settings.php from the /inc folder. It will regenerate when you visit your board again.
Well, it's easy to notice that all your settings got their value changed to 30. I'm quite sure it's because of the weird query, instead of:
$db->query('UPDATE '.TABLE_PREFIX.'settings maxnamelength SET value=30');
it should have been:
$db->query('UPDATE '.TABLE_PREFIX.'settings SET maxnamelength=30');

Now you have to manually revert your settings in ACP, unfortunately. Unless you have a backup of them.
(2013-12-29, 06:56 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]it should have been:
$db->query('UPDATE '.TABLE_PREFIX.'settings SET maxnamelength=30');

Not that it matters now, but it should have been:
$db->query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "settings SET value=30 WHERE name='maxnamelength'");

But D6 is right, you'll need to restore your settings manually or through a backup.
(2013-12-29, 06:54 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]If you can login:

Enter your ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration and change your Board URL to http://fuziongaming.net/forums - this will solve the stylesheets issues and Board Name 30 to whatever you like your board to be named.

While under General Configuration set the following:
Cookie Domain from 30 to blank
Cookie Path from 30 to /forums/
Cookie Prefix from 30 to blank

Now save return to the main Settings list and enter Server and Optimization Options:

Set Enable XMLHttp request features? to Yes.

If you can't login:

Run the following SQL queries

UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = 'http://fuziongaming.net/forums' WHERE `sid` = '35';
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '' WHERE `sid` IN (42, 44);
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '/forums/' WHERE `sid`= '43';
UPDATE `chosenPrefix_settings` SET `value` = '1' WHERE `sid` = '170';

replace chosenPrefix with the prefix you have chosen for MyBB's tables...
...and delete settings.php from the /inc folder. It will regenerate when you visit your board again.
ok what do you put for the chosen prefix im not quite sure what the prefix for mybb's tables is is there a way to check through like the ftp or is there a way to change this through the ftp
You'll need to have access to phpMyAdmin or some other shell to run those queries.
(2013-12-29, 03:12 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to have access to phpMyAdmin or some other shell to run those queries.

ok i did it in php my admin but it did nothing it changed it but it still is the same way

everything in the value field has been changed to 30 -_- this is ridiculous why would it all of a sudden happen i put that code in that that guy told me to put in about a month ago why would this start to happen now
I'm not sure why it would happen after all this time, but it is clearly what has happened.

The steps you were given were to restore cookie settings in case you couldn't log in the ACP . . . so let's start there.

Can you log in to ACP?
(2013-12-29, 03:07 PM)npd1124 Wrote: [ -> ]ok what do you put for the chosen prefix im not quite sure what the prefix for mybb's tables is is there a way to check through like the ftp or is there a way to change this through the ftp

To find out your tables prefix, enter in /inc and open config.php. You should find:
$config['database']['table_prefix']

This tells you your prefix. Afterwards replace the chosenPrefix from the queries I posted earlier with this value.
(2013-12-29, 05:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why it would happen after all this time, but it is clearly what has happened.

The steps you were given were to restore cookie settings in case you couldn't log in the ACP . . . so let's start there.

Can you log in to ACP?

no i cannot log into it because it says it cannot find the url which is

fuziongaming.net/forums/30/index.php for some reason that 30 is in there if i can fix that then i can fix alot more

(2013-12-29, 05:49 PM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-29, 03:07 PM)npd1124 Wrote: [ -> ]ok what do you put for the chosen prefix im not quite sure what the prefix for mybb's tables is is there a way to check through like the ftp or is there a way to change this through the ftp

To find out your tables prefix, enter in /inc and open config.php. You should find:
$config['database']['table_prefix']

This tells you your prefix. Afterwards replace the chosenPrefix from the queries I posted earlier with this value.

i got the prefix and did what you told me but it did not work
Pages: 1 2