MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just to Let You Know About: <snip>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know its not a public stage nor I could get much help regarding this issue from here, but just want to let you aware about vEconomy.

I coded a complex plugin for him and sold for 150$ USD. He just reversed the paypal funds even after getting the plugin + time I put to support after installation of the plugin to his site.

<snip>

This is just a note to you if you're going to code anything for him, just don't waste your time.

His real name is: <snip>
His paypal email is: <snip>
Why donation? Why not send a proper invoice and get the money against it?
Hi Sukanjan.K, I actually thought donations haven't have much taxes.
You're selling stuff for profit, technically you should be paying tax for it. Particularly if it is, as you say, $150 worth of code.

You got scammed because you didn't want to pay tax on something. Take it as a scrape on the knee, move on, learn from your mistakes, invoice your clients.
Sorry about that. Well as Ben says, invoice your clients. And btw, you're mistaken about the taxes levied by PayPal. Both payments (donations and for sale of an item) has equal tax fees (at least I had the same here in India in my past experience few years back) so just change the purpose code. On top of that, PayPal won't protect you for donations as it's considered something to be voluntary so that is pretty much why the case was reversed I believe.
It is against PayPal's Terms of Service to have clients pay for things using donations, and you could have your account shut down if they catch you doing it too much.

This is why many artists that do digital work have learned long ago to always include the following:
"Send your payment to xyz as Goods and Services and when asked for the shipping address select the 'No shipping required' option."

Can't close your account for violating ToS, and their chargebacks will fail as PayPal doesn't often support the buyer with digital goods. Of course, invoices make this a lot easier as it doesn't even give them the opportunity to select the wrong option, and you can include "digital service" in the description and PayPal'll be like 'not our problem' if they try and chargeback.

Technically it's also against PayPal's ToS to have them pay your fees, but you can always bump up the base price to account for them. PayPal can't argue (and doesn't care) as long as everyone has to pay it, no matter how they do so.
(2013-12-31, 05:15 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This is just a note to you if you're going to code anything for him, just don't waste your time.

Thanks for the heads up, Yaldaram.

And to the other thread participants, he is taking time to warn other developers about a scam artist. This is not the thread to give him advice about how to get paid. jmo
(2014-01-02, 06:37 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]And to the other thread participants, he is taking time to warn other developers about a scam artist.

Who was only able to scam due to the way Yaldaram decided to be paid. If the appropriate preventatives were in place, this wouldn't be an issue.
(2014-01-02, 09:56 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-02, 06:37 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]And to the other thread participants, he is taking time to warn other developers about a scam artist.

Who was only able to scam due to the way Yaldaram decided to be paid. If the appropriate preventatives were in place, this wouldn't be an issue.

But that is irrelevant. Pedophiles are only able to prey on children because children are readily available. That doesnt mean that by taking those easy targets away the person wouldn't still be a pedophile. This person is obviously in the mindset to scam people, its unfortunate Yaldaram decided to use PayPal, but the point still remains the person is a scammer. Bringing this to the public's attention should help prevent this individual scamming others again.
(2014-01-02, 11:44 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-02, 09:56 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

But that is irrelevant. Pedophiles are only able to prey on children because children are readily available. That doesnt mean that by taking those easy targets away the person wouldn't still be a pedophile.

Referring to such a comparison is also irrelavent.

(2014-01-02, 11:44 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]This person is obviously in the mindset to scam people, its unfortunate Yaldaram decided to use PayPal, but the point still remains the person is a scammer. Bringing this to the public's attention should help prevent this individual scamming others again.

Invariably, if you invoice the clients, they pay to an account (not by donation either) - A chargeback would then have to be done through PayPal. As it is a virtual service, PayPal will throw their hands in the air and go "Not our problem".

Hence, no chargeback, and thus, no scam.

See, this is the issue with kiddie-webmasters these days. Not that I'm saying that Yaldaram is a "Kiddie Webmaster", but: They don't want to pay fees, so they ask for a "Gift payment", then when it is cancelled/charged back, they go "Oh, ____ is a scammer, don't trust him". It's the same here.

Source: Believe me, I've had to chargeback a web host in the past, because he gave me a server with Linux on it, after I paid a surcharge for Windows Server 2008 R2, Enterprise edition. Don't even get me started.
Pages: 1 2