MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok so i just finished setting up my forums tomorrow, i still have many subforums to open up and add new user groups. i have 2 questions:
1. when i go to admin cp and enter my info it gives me "Your IP address does not match the administration session." yes, i have a dynamic ip, what am i supposed to do about it ?

2. is there a way i can delete usergroups just to make my life cleaner in the admin cp once itll work again? right now i only need Moderator, not Super moderator and a few others :|

Thanks
hmm any help would be greatly appreciated, im sorta stuck here i really need to open up some more subforums but i cant access the admin CP Sad
Please read our rules on double posting: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=11034

1) Clear your cache and try again
2) Yeah, just go to ACP -> Manage Groups -> and then from the drop down of the usergroup you want to delete select 'delete'
im sry for being such an annoyance but can you guide me how do i do this in firefox? i really dont want to clear all my passwords etc, if its just the temporary internet files im fine with that but where exactly can i find it?
Tools -> Clear Private Data -> Deselect everything except 'cache' and click 'Clear private data now'
i actually found that a second before i checked the thread again, and it didn't fix the problem Sad

edit: help plz ? Sad
KoMoDo Wrote:ok so i just finished setting up my forums tomorrow, i still have many subforums to open up and add new user groups. i have 2 questions:
1. when i go to admin cp and enter my info it gives me "Your IP address does not match the administration session." yes, i have a dynamic ip, what am i supposed to do about it ?

Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
DELETE * FROM mybb_adminsessions
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)

KoMoDo Wrote:2. is there a way i can delete usergroups just to make my life cleaner in the admin cp once itll work again? right now i only need Moderator, not Super moderator and a few others :|

It's not recommended to delete these usergroups (you can see we do not add the menu option to delete these) as their use is hardcoded in the MyBB code and there may be problems if they are removed.
hmm i dont think i HAVE phpmyadmin, im just using a free web host called phpnet.us which frankly im actually happy with, they provide mysql, php support, 300 mb of web space and 80 gb bandwidth a month + ftp.. i think they're awesome Smile

anyhow im just starting out with all this php and mysql its the first time im actually setting up a php forum so any guidance will be helpful, considering those options are available at phpnet Smile

Thanks
If you don't have phpMyAdmin, you can download it and install it yourself. See www.phpmyadmin.net
ok so then i just upload it via ftp next to the mybb dir? right now its in www\c00 thats the name of the clan, where c00 = mybb (thats what it was in default) and then go to my website \phpmyadmin\index.php and then follow the link you gave me ?

a little bit of an annoyance getting familiar with all this Smile

hmm.. ok i might've caused some mess here, i went to the phpnet cpanel, then to the database, it had an option of "admin" and i followed your advice on deleting mybb_adminsessions, so in the admin it was this table with alot of variables etc.. one of them was mybb_adminsessions, there was an option of "DROP" i figured its the same as delete, so i did that, and now when i try accessing admin CP i get a normal white page with this error in normal text:

MySQLi error: 1146
Table 'pn_259766_c00.mybb_adminsessions' doesn't exist
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_adminsessions (sid, uid, loginkey, ip, dateline, lastactive) VALUES ('6d750e8d1cc425fea23f058ab0787498', '1', 'gLoD8mAAFPnPYML2mYoJoPvWZV71o4wuIFXHsYIXJVjDDvaqpo', '80.178.234.41', '1167688581', '1167688581');
Yup you can upload it anywhere in your webspace.
http://wiki.cihar.com/pma/Quick_Install

Edit: you may also want to keep an eye on this related thread
Pages: 1 2 3