MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange IP issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, when I ban spammers I use the 127.0.0.0* option to ban blocks of ip's. But on occation when I try to ban a new spammers ip I get the message that it's already banned... so how come they were able to join??

I often search ips to see if the user has multiple accounts and if so I remove/ban them. Lately I have gotten complaint that people with only 1 account still have been banned.
So I'm getting concerned that the ip shown are not accurate and I have banned innocent accounts...

I recently upgraded from 1.6.10 to 1.6.12 and everything else runs smoothly. So how would I go about to check this?

Thank you
PinkStar
Additional info: I noticed that if there's a space before or after the ip when doing a search it will give you false results, so I'm aware of that.
This occurs when I click on Logged ip adress in post, so there's no typo or spaces, and I get a list of multiple accounts using the same ip. I find it hard to belive that people on devices with random ip's all would use the same provider and when posting on my board get the same ip.

Thank you
PinkStar
Please test it on real hosting and not on the localhost I have the same issue when testing IP features on localhost
I have not tested on localhost, I just used that ip nr as an example of how I ban block of ip's and yet people can join and post using ip's already banned.

Thank you
127.0.0.0* wouldn't match any IP, even 127.0.0.0 wouldn't be banned.
127.0.0.0 is localhost baby!
127.0.0.1 is localhost
The OP isn't using that address. He was using it as an example.
(2014-01-30, 07:22 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The OP isn't using that address. He was using it as an example.

I was replying to Marcus, but didn't quote him:

(2014-01-30, 05:43 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]127.0.0.0 is localhost baby!
You right 127.0.0.1 is localhost my bad I am sorry!
Pages: 1 2