MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to have a plugin or something that will allow me to replace user signature with words "Breaking forum rules" that will show for everyone except ADMINS and the signature author! And if the user fixes the signature remove "Breaking forum rules" words and show signature to everyone????

I mean that admin will have an option to hide or show that message, I am not saying it should be done auto!
Why do something so complex when you can just edit the user's profile, and replace the signature with "Breaking Forum Rules".

No plugin and no hassle.
Because the user will put is back as it was.
(2014-02-07, 01:48 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Because the user will put is back as it was.

They can update their signature. All you would do is modify their signature in ACP and they'd see it. They would then manually go fix their signature. You should have help docs and rules or state what's wrong with the sig. If that fails, warn them.
(2014-02-07, 01:48 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Because the user will put is back as it was.

Not if you disable signature privileges for them Wink

ACP -> Users & Groups -> Edit User -> Signature Tab and tick 'Suspend this user's signature'
Guys thanks very much but I don't want to edit user profile, would like to show a button on user post that will only be visible to admin that when clicked will do what I have described on the first post! I want user to see it's signature so that it can edit it and I as admin will see the new signature before allowing it!
I can't personally make the plugin but to clarify this for others.

You want:
A plugin that suspends a user's signature(hides) until the user changes it through their own UCP and the change will be pending approval(stays hidden) until you or another admin/staff approves the new change then it shows up for everyone. And all this through a button next to the signatures.
YES, Exactly!!!! Thanks iHydra I am sorry still learning how to speak properly use this reply as a reference to what I am talking about: http://community.mybb.com/thread-150782-...pid1060797

-----------------

I think it should be done this way!
Create a column in DB - mybb_Users Table.
Create a plugin that will update that column with 1 or 0.
Wrap the signature with template conditionals that will show one thing when the value is 1 and other when the value is 0.
Add 2 buttons to user profile (visible only to Admin) one will update column with value 1 and other with value 0
PM me with details, if you're paying for this.
(2014-02-09, 01:10 AM)AlienHoboken Wrote: [ -> ]PM me with details, if you're paying for this.

So there is no way you can do it for free?
Pages: 1 2