MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator seeing my PM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I been on a different mybbb forum in the Unite Kingdom and suspect the administrator has been somehow reading my and friends private messages sent to eachother complaining about the price the administrator charges for a product.

Is this possible? Has the administrator used some type of plug in to spy on his members P.M.s?
Private Messages are stored as plain text in the database. Whoever has access to this database can read the PMs on that forum. To be honest they are misnamed, and should be called Direct Messages.
(2014-03-19, 03:48 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Private Messages are stored as plain text in the database. Whoever has access to this database can read the PMs on that forum. To be honest they are misnamed, and should be called Direct Messages.

So Direct Messages can be viewed by the Administrator (the Forum owner) if he puts some effort into this?
Yeah, Jordan is correct. It wouldn't take much work for a nosy admin to read anyone's messages.
There are even plugins to make it easier.....
OMG!

This guy has become so corrupt in his business, I left that forum. I sensed this in the past but thought I was just relying on my 'gut instinct'.

Thanks you guys. I am never going back there.

Here's my forum; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/Gu.../index.php

I cant figure how to set new registering members for approval and with a email sent to me when they attempt to join. I did add some kind of email plug in. Not sure if its working.

Had to PW protect it and shut down register. Tried to ask this on another thread but replies not help.

I also created this forum to get away from a forum I've been a member of for a few years. Recently the owner is allowing ads for Laisk, unnatural methods that can cause cataract... Too much fighting the bad guys, cant teach on there, students being scared away.

So I have come to Mybb to create a totally natural, safe eyesight improvement forum.

Any ideas how to set register to approval?
Does Mybb offer a paid service to set all this up?
It's in the admin cp. Under configuration, inside of registration.
Thanks, will try it.

There is no setting there. Need more complete instructions, exactly what to select in the registration.
(2014-03-19, 06:20 PM)ClarkNight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, will try it.

There is no setting there. Need more complete instructions, exactly what to select in the registration.

Its the second field. One of the drop down options are Administrative Approval or something like that. On my phone so can't check atm. Will update with pictures.
Thanks, I think I found it! ;

Configuration - user registration - enable or disable registration - then under it;

registration method; choose administration activation.

Where to donate $ to MyBB?
Pages: 1 2