MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb.com EXTREMELY SLOW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Bit slow for me as well, hope it gets fixed soon!
mybb still continues to be ridiculously slow for me and is throwing a decent amount of cloudflare errors.

this should probably get fixed soon, especially from a PR/marketing perspective.
Chris is working on it Smile
(2014-05-30, 10:52 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Chris is working on it Smile

but how long should the site suffer in the meantime?
(2014-05-30, 09:50 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]mybb still continues to be ridiculously slow for me and is throwing a decent amount of cloudflare errors.

this should probably get fixed soon, especially from a PR/marketing perspective.

It's so bad, I've been discouraged to post ( because it was taking 1 to 2 minutes to make or reply to 1 post, due to CF errors and slow loading, and having to adding captcha )
Is it still slow for you? It's loading fine for me and no Cloudflare errors anymore.
(2014-05-31, 10:33 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Is it still slow for you? It's loading fine for me and no Cloudflare errors anymore.

At the time of my previous post, I only visited 6 topics, received 1 CF error page.
Pages was taking about 10 seconds to load.

But about 36 hours prior, connecting was terrible, 30 seconds for pages to load,
CF error on all pages (requiring captcha entry on all post and reply.)
(2014-05-31, 10:20 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-30, 09:50 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]mybb still continues to be ridiculously slow for me and is throwing a decent amount of cloudflare errors.

It's so bad, I've been discouraged to post ( because it was taking 1 to 2 minutes to make or reply to 1 post, due to CF errors and slow loading, and having to adding captcha )

you don't even know how long it took me to fix a spelling mistake in a post I made last night because of how slow the site was and how many CF errors I was getting.

(2014-05-31, 10:33 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Is it still slow for you? It's loading fine for me and no Cloudflare errors anymore.

it seems fine for me today, but this is a constant problem with mybb.com and should be seriously addressed.

there's nothing like pushing away potential users from using the software like having a website that takes half a minute+ for page loads...
As an update to this, Chris recently blocked over 30k IPs that were hammering the server, and load times should now be much improved.
(2014-05-31, 12:19 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]

At the time of my previous post, I only visited 6 topics, received 1 CF error page.
Pages was taking about 10 seconds to load.

But about 36 hours prior, connecting was terrible, 30 seconds for pages to load,
CF error on all pages (requiring captcha entry on all post and reply.)

Does anyone know what type of account MyBB has at CloudFlare? I've used their Business package in the past and it worked wonderful. I'm not sure what MyBB's budget would be for something like that though. I've also heard good reviews about the Pro package as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5