MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb.com EXTREMELY SLOW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
AFAIK, we are on one of the paid plans. This has been said before but I don't ink the specific plan was mentioned.
[
(2014-06-10, 05:55 AM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-31, 12:19 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-31, 10:33 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Is it still slow for you? It's loading fine for me and no Cloudflare errors anymore.

At the time of my previous post, I only visited 6 topics, received 1 CF error page.
Pages was taking about 10 seconds to load.

But about 36 hours prior, connecting was terrible, 30 seconds for pages to load,
CF error on all pages (requiring captcha entry on all post and reply.)

Does anyone know what type of account MyBB has at CloudFlare? I've used their Business package in the past and it worked wonderful. I'm not sure what MyBB's budget would be for something like that though. I've also heard good reviews about the Pro package as well.

Either way, MyBB is loading instantly for me now so hopefully for you also? I haven't got any CloudFlare errors and I've browsed several pages/threads so far.
(2014-06-10, 05:55 AM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-31, 12:19 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-31, 10:33 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Is it still slow for you? It's loading fine for me and no Cloudflare errors anymore.

At the time of my previous post, I only visited 6 topics, received 1 CF error page.
Pages was taking about 10 seconds to load.

But about 36 hours prior, connecting was terrible, 30 seconds for pages to load,
CF error on all pages (requiring captcha entry on all post and reply.)

Does anyone know what type of account MyBB has at CloudFlare? I've used their Business package in the past and it worked wonderful. I'm not sure what MyBB's budget would be for something like that though. I've also heard good reviews about the Pro package as well.

I don't believe cloudflare was the issue here, more that the MyBB server was unable to handle all of the bot traffic posing as legitimate users. So the server was just giving timeout errors to CF (hence the cloudflare errors).
(2014-06-02, 12:05 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]As an update to this, Chris recently blocked over 30k IPs that were hammering the server, and load times should now be much improved.

this is wonderful, until it happens again and the site is slow for a week or two until Chris fixes it.
Yeah, we should really automate IP blocking when load gets high or even when we get a lot of hits from one IP. Anyway we're super fast when we're not super slow. Wink
(2014-06-15, 08:49 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we should really automate IP blocking when load gets high or even when we get a lot of hits from one IP. Anyway we're super fast when we're not super slow. Wink

Yeah, just the extremes. Never in the middle. Just super fast or deathly slow.
(2014-06-15, 08:49 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we should really automate IP blocking when load gets high or even when we get a lot of hits from one IP. Anyway we're super fast when we're not super slow. Wink

something to help keep the uptime and site speed at an acceptable level is a must.

there's nothing worse than having a site that's so slow that it's basically unusable, especially when you're trying to get people to use your software.

I understand this is free software and no one gets paid on the mybb staff, but there has to be a happy medium, imho.

I make the above comments with respect as I've been using mybb since 2006 or 2007 and love the software.

(2014-06-16, 04:35 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, just the extremes. Never in the middle. Just super fast or deathly slow.

exactly right.
I haven't had any "slow time" or CF errors on here in over a month,
Hope the issue has been resolved Wink
* JordanMussi jumps up in the air and high fives everyone!
aside from maybe 1 or 2 502 errors, the site has been fast lately.

here's to hoping....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5