MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS for moving the entire page's position up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct spot but there is absolutely nobody lurking around in the Themes Forum and I need help getting out of a spot I'm in.

I’ve cloned the stock bleu theme that MyBB comes with and set about to modify it. I’ve replaced the standard front logo which someone made thankfully very easy to do with my own image but don’t know where the CSS is located to tweak it’s position? I need to move it vertically or close this gap pictured below to be precise.

[Image: main-logo-css.png]

Thank you,

Auriel
Hi.
Do you have changed your theme? I visited your forum but couldn't found that theme!
(2014-04-06, 09:26 AM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
Do you have changed your theme? I visited your forum but couldn't found that theme!

jvdabz,

I just copied the original theme and gave it a new name then added my logos. Now I need somebody to tell me where the *.css style file is so I can remove that gap between the bottom of the logo and the top of the Welcome . . . block
OK, CSS files are in "themes and templates"-your theme-global.css-you can select "advanced mode" for better viewing mode.
(2014-04-06, 02:34 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]OK, CSS files are in "themes and templates"-your theme-global.css-you can select "advanced mode" for better viewing mode.

Look, this is a sample of my CSS work
http://myhiddencity.org/

I always edit in advanced mode because it's easier to see what you are doing. What I need to know is where is the stanza that controls the primary logo. Simple.

Isn't there one of you that knows what the name and what line controls the primary logo? It's a simple question. I know how to edit CSS. What I don't know is where the logo name and position is described in global.css because I've gone over every line and there is nothing with the filename of my logo in it and nowhere that states it's position on the page.

I've attached a copy of my global.css
Perhaps my eyes are just too old and I'm missing it but I don't see anything that says logo anywhere in the file and I don't see the name of my logo file [ logo.ses.png ] anywhere in there.
OK, no problem but Relax Please Wink

Unfortunately there isn't any stanza(not stanza but rule)to control the primary logo, but you can add it yourself.Just go to your global.css and add this rule to the beginning/end of the page:

.logo{

}

Then add your attributes and values to it.
(2014-04-06, 04:34 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]OK, no problem but Relax Please Wink

Unfortunately there isn't any stanza(not stanza but rule)to control the primary logo, but you can add it yourself.Just go to your global.css and add this rule to the beginning/end of the page:

.logo{

}

Then add your attributes and values to it.

Oh sorry we cross posted.

Thank you and I will try what you have suggested.

jvdabz,

Two things:

One, Nothing changed after I added the rule to the css.
Two, I realized that I don't want to moved the logo, I want to close the gap between it and the Welcome block. Which means raising the absolute position of the entire forum up about 20px. :-(
Maybe you hadn't add any attribute to the given code! Just add some attributes to the rule, then you can see the changes e.g.:

.logo {
    border: 2px solid red;
}

I visited your forum again and noticed that the gap between your logo and welcome block is because of your menu bar! Indeed there isn't any gap but a white bar. If you want to remove that blank space, you should replace your menu bar with your welcome block.

Menu bar
(2014-04-06, 09:30 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you hadn't add any attribute to the given code! Just add some attributes to the rule, then you can see the changes e.g.:

.logo {
    border: 2px solid red;
}

I visited your forum again and noticed that the gap between your logo and welcome block is because of your menu bar! Indeed there isn't any gap but a white bar. If you want to remove that blank space, you should replace your menu bar with your welcome block.
Menu bar

You comment tells me that you didn't examine the global.css file I attached for you to look at. I already modified the rule.

Second, I don't want my menu bar removed. That makes no sense.

I want the top of the Welcome and the bottom of the logo to be flush with each other and leaving the white space at the top and on the left of the logo the same. This can be done because the logo and the Menu are on separate layers.

Where are the rules controlling the relative placement of the menu?

The menu can be moved up which means the welcome and the other dependencies that have relative positions will move up too.

Auriel
I did not help on your post because I did not want to download your global.css when a clickable link to see the code in the browser is what is needed.

After reading the tone of your reply to someone who did try to help you - well, if you are so sure what to do why not just do it?
Pages: 1 2