MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a forum.. like HF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I making a forum kinda like hackforums but the problem is I'm not sure what forums i going to have and categories can you?! post examples?! *like Computer Coding Categories* hope you come with something good
You are a new kid in this thing.

Don't try to copy a forum. Create your own.
To be honest, if you don't even know which bases your forum should have, I'd rather suggest you to not waste your time for it. How do you want to attract visitors if you have no idea of starting it?

EDIT: Also you shouldn't create a coding/computer forum if setting it up is too confusing for you... http://community.mybb.com/thread-152603.html I recommend starting with anything easier.
(2014-04-06, 08:26 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, if you don't even know which bases your forum should have, I'd rather suggest you to not waste your time for it. How do you want to attract visitors if you have no idea of starting it?

EDIT: Also you shouldn't create a coding/computer forum if setting it up is too confusing for you... http://community.mybb.com/thread-152603.html
Agree why should they join your forum instead of the real hf it's stupid to make copies <.<
"kinda like hackforums" is not a copy of hackforums, so that should be no problem legally or otherwise.

For appearance, I suggest hiring someone to create a custom theme for you. For names of categories, I suggest search for forums like hackforums for ideas.

(2014-04-06, 08:05 AM)scripz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I making a forum kinda like hackforums but the problem is I'm not sure what forums i going to have and categories can you?! post examples?! *like Computer Coding Categories* hope you come with something good
Hacking isn't the best niche. It's over saturated. Try to make something unique.
This isn't suited to Support.
There's hundreds of hacking boards, and for the most part, they all suck. Don't bother.
I myself and starting a forum similar to HF it is not an easy process it will take true dedication. If you don't got dedication you don't got a forum.

(2014-04-06, 09:11 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't suited to Support.

Hack Forums falls under US laws and is legal but I understand reasons why it is not allowed here. But if he chooses to go down a pure white-hat path there is absolutely no reason that MyBB should deny support for such a forum.

If 100% legal sites can be posted then why should a 100% legal site with a 100% legal white hat hacking section be denied or not supported.
(2014-04-07, 02:20 AM)Anarchy Wrote: [ -> ]Hack Forums falls under US laws and is legal but I understand reasons why it is not allowed here. But if he chooses to go down a pure white-hat path there is absolutely no reason that MyBB should deny support for such a forum.

Even White-Hat resources can be used for black-hat hacking.
Pages: 1 2