MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add more contact fields & Make hyperlinks active in User Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

1. How do I add more fields to the [Contact Details] in User Profiles Section so people can include things like their Skype addresses?
  2. How do I make hyperlinks automagically active/clickable within a [Textarea] in Custom Profile Fields?
Is there a Plugin for this?

Thank you,

Auriel
(2014-04-08, 06:39 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Social Sites plugin by Matt.

Thanks I'll give it a try and post the results.

Auriel

(2014-04-08, 06:39 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Social Sites plugin by Matt.

laie techie,
That link is dead because Matt has closed his board due to spam. Is there anywhere else to get this plugin. Is it here on MyBB?

http://mattrogowski.co.uk/mybb/plugins/p...cial-sites
Thanks, Leefish. I installed it before he closed his site.
Thanks to both of you for being so helpful.
This is in a way more than I was actually asking for.
I'll put the plugin to good use.
I'm still left with the problem of how to make a url live or active may be a better word in a textarea that has been created in the "Custom Profile Fields" of the ACP.

Please note the URL that doesn't work. Is there something I've missed that allows textareas to recognize URLs? I've experimented and realized that BB Code doesn't work inside of these textareas either.
[Image: live-url-in-box.png]

Again laie_techie and Leefish thank you both for the plugin it's great.

Auriel

Post Script: Leefish is this the best version of Pro Portal available?
MyBBHome (Pro Portal)
Author: tamnguyen949
Submitted: 6th November 2012
Last Updated: 6th November 2012
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybbhome-pro-portal
I would advise against using ProPortal. You can get plugins that do everything ProPortal offers and ProPortal is abandoned so there are very few plugins available for it.

On the link - you mean the web url I think?

For that - I use template conditionals. http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464

Once that is installed you can edit the custom profile fields. I use this plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=1271

That is a very handy plugin if you intend to modify the profile a lot. There are tons of examples of how to edit in the accompanying thread on MyBBHacks. For my own profiles I use this construct for the website link :

<if $memprofile['website'] then>
		 <li><a href="<?=htmlspecialchars_uni($memprofile['website'])?>" target="_blank"  title="view my website"></a></li></if>

If you don't want to use the custom profile field plugin then you can still replace the website field

<td class="trow1">{$website}</td>

with

<td class="trow1">
		 <li><a href="<?=htmlspecialchars_uni($memprofile['website'])?>" target="_blank"  title="view my website"></a></li></if>
</td>

Again, you need template conditionals for that to work.

Edited for a non php in templates fix.
Have a mentioned that you are awesome LeeFish?

Is there a tutorial on how to make the standard portal the landing page for a MyBB website as well as configure it? I appear to be to thick headed to figure it out on my own.

Anyway, I've installed the two plugins: xThreads and Additional Settings For Profile Fields (1.2).

I'm not quite clear, where or it I was supposed to include the following php code? I have absolutely no experience with php so please forgive my confusion. Also when the statement shows ['website'] am I supposed to insert the domain of my website or is that just a place marker for the website where the code calls and receives the site's name on it's own?

Many thanks,

Auriel
um, I forget sometimes that folks are new.

In admin Control Panel, go to your TEMPLATES. Find the MEMBER templates/ - click on that you will find the member_profile template. Inside that is the <td class="trow1">{$website}</td>

where it says <td class="trow1">{$website}</td> replace with

<td class="trow1">
</td>

also - the portal. You can try renaming portal to index and index to forums, but there is a bit more to it. I will try and find a tutorial.

EDIT : http://community.mybb.com/thread-43811.html >> use portal as index
Statement in member_profile
Do I replace the whole thing?
<td class="trow1">
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td class="trow1" width="75%">
<span class="largetext"><strong>{$formattedname}</strong></span><br />
<span class="smalltext">
({$usertitle})<br />
{$groupimage}
{$userstars}<br />
<br />
<strong>{$lang->registration_date}</strong> {$memregdate}<br />
<strong>{$lang->date_of_birth}</strong> {$membday} {$membdayage}<br />
<strong>{$lang->local_time}</strong> {$localtime}<br />
<strong>{$lang->postbit_status}</strong> {$online_status}
</span>
</td>

With . . . ?
<td class="trow1">
</td>

Oh and about the Portal tutorial?
This tutorial does not work for SEO friendly urls.
One of the first things I did was converted over to SEO friendly URLs.
Oh well :-(

Auriel
Pages: 1 2 3