MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: webmaster tools saying i have malware on one link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No, I mean exactly - you have plugins. Plugins != responsibility of core MyBB developers. So unless you eliminate plugins as a cause, and are sure that it is not Google fail - then I cannot see how it is a core MyBB developer issue.
Thanks for speaking more clearly Leefish. That's great.

So you're 100% sure it's not a core MyBB issue and Google made a mistake?
Where did I say that? I am not required to be sure on anything on your install.
So then it's possible it's a MyBB core issue, thus they might think about replying with some suggestion. The notice was from 10-APR.

All I'm looking for is a possible comment from developer's. You want to pass off blame and put up road blocks isn't helping the issue.

That they show no interest at all is disturbing. And should be for anyone who's using MyBB.
My intention was not to roadblock you or to pass off blame, but rather explain why your issue is not automatically a MyBB issue and indeed is more likely to be Google. You even contacted Google first yourself.

However, I think I will be ending my participation in this topic and indeed ending interaction with you on this board in general.

Good luck resolving your issue.
Of course I contacted Google. Nobody said it was 'automatically a MyBB issue'. Did I ever say that? No. I simply asked for some possible suggestions from developers.

Best you do end participation with me if you couldn't understand the simple request of having developer's chime in on possible vulnerabilities within their forum software.
(2014-04-15, 11:59 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]So then it's possible it's a MyBB core issue, thus they might think about replying with some suggestion. The notice was from 10-APR.

All I'm looking for is a possible comment from developer's. You want to pass off blame and put up road blocks isn't helping the issue.

That they show no interest at all is disturbing. And should be for anyone who's using MyBB.

don't forget mybb is open source software if you feel this is a core issue ... code a fix yourself. as this issue is not widespread (loads of people have got the issue) I would think it has something to do with the way you have setup/coded your site.
please remember that people who try to help you are offering advice and not putting obstacles in your way and with mybb's open source anyone can be a developer. I personally, have rewritten 2 core files to suit my needs why not step up to the plate .. find the problem and resolve it !
(2014-04-15, 02:09 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 11:59 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]So then it's possible it's a MyBB core issue, thus they might think about replying with some suggestion. The notice was from 10-APR.

don't forget mybb is open source software if you feel this is a core issue ... code a fix yourself. as this issue is not widespread (loads of people have got the issue) I would think it has something to do with the way you have setup/coded your site.
please remember that people who try to help you are offering advice and not putting obstacles in your way and with mybb's open source anyone can be a developer. I personally, have rewritten 2 core files to suit my needs why not step up to the plate .. find the problem and resolve it !

Perhaps the support forum should be shut down Huh With a nice little title that says 'fix it yourself, it's someone else's fault'

Again... And not sure why this is such a difficult thing to understand. I simply asked for a suggestion or perhaps some interest in the issue of a possible MyBB vulnerability.... What did I get? Go ask Google.

Forget about it already. For real.
DrXotick,

Your attitude is off-putting. If you use accusatory language, people will get defensive.

You did not provide us with your forum's URL nor provided a screenshot of the page which says your site has malware. Thus, we can only determine that example.com hasn't hosted known malware over the last 90 days.

Please help us help you.
(2014-04-15, 02:38 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 02:09 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps the support forum should be shut down Huh With a nice little title that says 'fix it yourself, it's someone else's fault'

Again... And not sure why this is such a difficult thing to understand. I simply asked for a suggestion or perhaps some interest in the issue of a possible MyBB vulnerability.... What did I get? Go ask Google.

Forget about it already. For real.

I would guess from your response you do not understand the concept of open source software ...
Pages: 1 2 3