MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: webmaster tools saying i have malware on one link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-04-15, 03:02 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess from your response you do not understand the concept of open source software ...

It's likely you that don't understand the concept. Just because it's open source doesn't mean the developer's might want to be interested in possible vulnerabilities or offer some suggestions to people who use their software.

@JimR, if someone tells you to go somewhere else and it's not our problem, and have several other current MyBB issues with no answers to them, that will likely get people a bit defensive as well.

Anyways JimR, you are the first person to actually show some interest in the issue and it's beyond appreciated. All I have is what I posted in the first post. That Google said there was some malware. No notices, no messages from Google in Webmaster tools. Just Webmaster tools > Security and tells me I have malware last detected on 4/10/14. It's bizarre. I have ran the link through several online malware scanners with no warnings or malware found.

When trying to click 'I've fixed this issue' it says, 'Your request can't be processed at this time because your site isn't currently flagged for malware. If you see a malware warning in your browser, it is likely a cross-site warning.'

My browser shows no warning from the link. The post itself has no links or anything in it. I've ran our sponsors links through malware checkers.

It's bizarre.

As I suggested in the OP, the only thing I can figure is that it was a site that Google's own adsense was linking to.
(2014-04-15, 03:15 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-15, 03:02 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess from your response you do not understand the concept of open source software ...

It's likely you that don't understand the concept. Just because it's open source doesn't mean the developer's might want to be interested in possible vulnerabilities or offer some suggestions to people who use their software.

@JimR, if someone tells you to go somewhere else and it's not our problem, and have several other current MyBB issues with no answers to them, that will likely get people a bit defensive as well.

Anyways JimR, you are the first person to actually show some interest in the issue and it's beyond appreciated. All I have is what I posted in the first post. That Google said there was some malware. No notices, no messages from Google in Webmaster tools. Just Webmaster tools > Security and tells me I have malware last detected on 4/10/14. It's bizarre. I have ran the link through several online malware scanners with no warnings or malware found.

When trying to click 'I've fixed this issue' it says, 'Your request can't be processed at this time because your site isn't currently flagged for malware. If you see a malware warning in your browser, it is likely a cross-site warning.'

My browser shows no warning from the link. The post itself has no links or anything in it. I've ran our sponsors links through malware checkers.

It's bizarre.

As I suggested in the OP, the only thing I can figure is that it was a site that Google's own adsense was linking to.

Ok if google has not flagged the site as having malware perhaps it does not have malware installed nor does your sponsor(s) sites. this may beg the point that the google database has added your site for no reason and it's (google) other script can not make head nor tail of the data it is trying to read and therefore gives you strange results. There is the point that you may have had some malware at some point and the result still stands for some reason. As a point I have added malware to my testing site and so far I have received no errors from google ... perhaps my malware is not good enough !
Quote:when trying to select 'i have fixed these issues', it gave me the message
'Your request can't be processed at this time because your site isn't currently flagged for malware. If you see a malware warning in your browser, it is likely a cross-site warning. Learn more'.

There you have it. It seems likely to be a false positive or an expired issue. Sometimes users will use dodgy sites to host their avatars/signatures, or something along those lines. It's certainly not going to be caused by MyBB itself otherwise every forum would get such a message. Unless Google can provide more information I'm afraid there's not much you can do. From the looks of it, at this time there isn't an issue.
Pages: 1 2 3