MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CloudFlare , who is using it ? and why ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've had some sites for a few years ( about 4 years )
And have never had an issue accessing the sites, I decided to test CloudFlare out with a free account, signed up last week, since switching, I have had 9 errors in the last 2 days accessing the site.

7 Showed CloudFlare errors, after 5 seconds they disappear and the page(site) loads. 2 showed just blank pages, until I reloaded a few times.

In the past 4 years I never once had this happen ( pre-CloudFlare ).

Anyone had similar experience after adding CloudFlare ?
I'm using cloudflare, as i know it's doing better, saving bandwidth, reducing hosting resources usage.

But sometimes to protect sites from potential attacks it requires captcha before accessing webpage.
It is really good & it increases the speed of your website too Smile
"7 Showed CloudFlare errors, after 5 seconds they disappear and the page(site) loads. 2 showed just blank pages, until I reloaded a few times.

[/quote]

What errors? 522?

Blank pages, however, are almost never caused by us.
(2014-04-18, 09:57 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"7 Showed CloudFlare errors, after 5 seconds they disappear and the page(site) loads. 2 showed just blank pages, until I reloaded a few times.

What errors? 522?

Blank pages, however, are almost never caused by us.

Actually, it was PAGE LOADING icon just keep on spinning in my browser, after 5 seconds I would "RELOAD" the screen/page.
Then most probably your web server isn't responding in those 5 seconds. You should have a DNS record in Cloudflare called "direct". Go to "direct.yourdomain.com". Direct is usually setup to bypass cloudflare's caching. If your site still won't load it's a Server issue.
I have a similar experience with cloudflare. When it's not enabled, I never get errors. If enabled, will get 503 504 522 523. Cloudflare says those are just errors being passed on from the host... but they never shown when cloudflare is disabled...
I love cloudflare. I've never had any issues with it and the DNS record management alone is worth migrating your domains to it.
I don't know what problems you guys are having, but I've never had any 50x errors with CloudFlare on a shared host or even when I rolled my own VPS with Nginx.
(2014-04-22, 04:16 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what problems you guys are having, but I've never had any 50x errors with CloudFlare on a shared host or even when I rolled my own VPS with Nginx.

I had a 502 when my server went offline... But hello, that's normal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4