MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests Unable to Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to make it so guests don't have to log in to post in that specific forum.

I have the permissions turned on to "View, Post Threads and Post Replies" and I also have "Can View Board", "Can View Threads", "Can Post New Threads", "Can Post Replies to Threads" turned on in the Guest user group posting options.

Yet when I try to post in the forum I have it set up in the site still tries to have me log in.

Am I missing something somewhere? Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need a link to the site and/or other info.
Check carefully if the guests forum permissions are set correctly.
You can do this by going to: ACP > Forums & Posts TAB > Forum's Option button > Permissions > Guests

- Can view forum
- Can view threads within forum
- Can post threads
- Can post replies
Yes, those permissions are set. To help I made a screenshot of how the Permissions are set up on that forum.

[Image: DV8BSLu.png]

Also here is a screenshot of the Guest User Group Permissions as well:

[Image: iPBPlrx.png]
Try posting through a VPN or proxy because sometimes spammers cannot post.
Still unable to post as a guest.
Can you post your forum link here please?
http://www.bloodmoonrpg.utopiarising.net/BM/index.php

The forum I want guests to be able to post in without logging in is Advertising & Affiliation down at the bottom.
In the forum permissions for guests (as in your screenshot), on the right side, there will be a hyperlink, edit permissions. Please click on that and a permissions box will pop up. Check that the permissions as listed in that popup are as you expect.
Thanks for the added help! Did what you said but the permissions were already checked that needed to be checked. See the attachment screenshot.

I tried to post as a guest anyway and still nothing.
If you like I can look in the admin cp for you. If you are happy with that PM me an admin username/pass and the link to your ACP. If you use admin pin please provide it as well.
Pages: 1 2