MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam Bots causing very high cpu usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-04-24, 05:38 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Is your other smaller site a forum on MyBB software?

I recommend using 'Are you a human' plugin. The bots will never be able to register.

The another site is built with Q2A software.

I have checked the plugin. But not decided yet.
Please share a screenshot of your cPanel usage statistics. I really think you're paying way way too much for your hosting in regards to size of your forum. $5 basic shared hosting should be more than enough. You said all of these bots are causing high resource usage, yet have only posted a screenshot of who's online, not resource usage. We have significantly larger user base and 150 total (members and guests) within 15 minute period. shared business class is more than enough.

It's also quite possible your other site on the server is the source of the excessive usage. I have a basic WP site that regularly spikes resources.
(2014-04-24, 07:24 AM)Fayaman Wrote: [ -> ]just get cloudflare or install nginx.

I was using Cloudflare. Can I run nginx along with cloudflare? What's the use of it?

(2014-04-24, 10:21 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, many sites are crawled by bigger amount of bots and they don't suffer from too high CPU usage. You should rather focus on optimising your forum. For example, why is there a duplicated 'Most Recent Posts Stats' table on index? http://www.hoxforum.com/index.php

I have optimized my forum yesterday via ACP.

Can plugins cause excessive resource usage?
Cloudflare is a reverse proxy which also acts as a CDN. Yes, it works with nginx.

You may read more about it here:
http://blog.cloudflare.com/what-is-cloudflare

You probably optimized the database in your ACP. Can you post the list of plugins installed on the forum?
(2014-04-25, 07:24 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]You said all of these bots are causing high resource usage, yet have only posted a screenshot of who's online, not resource usage.

I'm sorry for being late. Here's some screenshot of usage:

(2014-04-25, 09:30 AM)itsmegogo Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is a reverse proxy which also acts as a CDN. Yes, it works with nginx.

You may read more about it here:
http://blog.cloudflare.com/what-is-cloudflare

You probably optimized the database in your ACP. Can you post the list of plugins installed on the forum?

Plugins by alphabetic order:

Advanced Invitation system
Akismet
Advanced Sidebox
Facebook Like Button
MyBB GoMobile
Google SEO
Hello World
Invitation Plugin
iShare
Index Top Posters
Min. Posts For Vote and Signatures (0.1)
My Advertisements (2.0.3)
MyFacebook Connect (2.0.1)
NewPoints (1.9.9)
No Links Allowed (0.1)
OpenSearch (1.7.2)
PluginLibrary (12)
Recent Posts Forum Index (1.0)
Recent Posts Forum Index (1.0)
Side bar for mybb (1.0)
Sidebox (1.2.0)
Tapatalk (3.8.0)
Viglink (1.0)

Some of them I don't use, I want to remove, but don't know how to remove completely.
A little advice, don't post here plugins you have installed because that will make it easy for hackers or spammers to target your forum.
(2014-04-25, 01:19 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]A little advice, don't post here plugins you have installed because that will make it easy for hackers or spammers to target your forum.

Marcus, that is simply not true. Please be sure that you are being accurate before advising users.
and still no screenshot of the usage stats. If excessive usage even exists, it may not be due to mybb at all because op has another site on the server.

Good luck man. Whatever the problem may be... imagined or otherwise.
(2014-04-25, 04:43 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]and still no screenshot of the usage stats.

Hello I have added the screenshots at the end of this post http://community.mybb.com/thread-153125-...pid1071599.

kindly have a look... Smile
Why do you have "Recent Posts" 2 times?

Also it will be very hard for us to know whats going on sinds the problem can be anything from badly configured server,mysql server other website etc....
Pages: 1 2 3