MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam Bots causing very high cpu usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would recommend installing: reCAPTCHA II
Tried to use Recaptcha II and Keycaptcha http://mods.mybb.com/view/keycaptcha

P.S.: With VPS perhaps you may be interested in this https:/digitalocean.com/pricing/
(2014-04-26, 08:01 PM)Fayaman Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you have "Recent Posts" 2 times?

Also it will be very hard for us to know whats going on sinds the problem can be anything from badly configured server,mysql server other website etc....

I don't know why it's showing 2 times. I have disabled and activated again, but still it's showing two times.
Do you know how to solve this issue?
(2014-04-27, 03:30 AM)houque Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-26, 08:01 PM)Fayaman Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you have "Recent Posts" 2 times?

Also it will be very hard for us to know whats going on sinds the problem can be anything from badly configured server,mysql server other website etc....

I don't know why it's showing 2 times. I have disabled and activated again, but still it's showing two times.
Do you know how to solve this issue?

Remove {$recentposts} in the index template.

Its in Templates & Style/Templates/yourtemplatename/Index Page Templates/Index If you look there it should be 2x times. Remove 1. Wink

@houque how many site do you plan on running on this VPS? will you need your own dns server? did you disable innodb? Removing bind and disable innodb will give you a nice ammount of resources back
Yes, it was placed 2 times. I have deleted 1, and its okay now! Thanks Fayaman. Smile

I had 2 sites on VPS. But now, I'm running the forum only. I'm unware about bind and innodb.
You can disable innodb in your etc/my.cnf file you need to google this sinds i dont know what version your running and how it works with cpanel.

If your running 2 sites only i dont see the need for dns server Sad just use cloudflare or cloudns for dns. If you disable innodb and bind it will free up some cpu usage and about 400mb of ram usage.
Thank you Fayaman Smile
Pages: 1 2 3