MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install custom font?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just downloaded a new font but don't really know how to install it anyone?

Where to put true-type font file.
How to install it so that I can use it on my css file font-family:
Hope this helps ya:

@font-face
{
font-family: Downloadedfont;
src: url(http://www.site.com/file.ttf);
}

div
{
font-family:DownloadedFont;
}
Please verify that sharing the font file this way doesn't violate its copyright. Also, specify alternative font families in case a visitor's browser doesn't automatically install your custom font.
Thanks very much is there a way to do it without making an outside call/request????
Yes you upload it to your site xP

./fonts/file..ttf

(2014-05-20, 04:31 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please verify that sharing the font file this way doesn't violate its copyright. Also, specify alternative font families in case a visitor's browser doesn't automatically install your custom font.

Well hes allowed to use it unless hes using it commercially otherwise its free use when credit is due Toungue
Thanks very much.
(2014-05-20, 04:31 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please verify that sharing the font file this way doesn't violate its copyright. Also, specify alternative font families in case a visitor's browser doesn't automatically install your custom font.

That's the whole point of having a custom font. So that the visitor's browser WILL download it. Otherwise there's no point to installing it/specifying it.
(2014-05-21, 01:46 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]

That's the whole point of having a custom font. So that the visitor's browser WILL download it. Otherwise there's no point to installing it/specifying it.

That's what I was asking about. Do you know how can it be done????
(2014-05-20, 08:05 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Well hes allowed to use it unless hes using it commercially otherwise its free use when credit is due Toungue

Wrong. Where did you read that..? It obviously depends on license. He didn't specify which font he wants to use, thus you can't say whether he is doing it legally or not.

(2014-05-21, 01:46 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]That's the whole point of having a custom font. So that the visitor's browser WILL download it. Otherwise there's no point to installing it/specifying it.

You don't understand the point - older browsers may not support custom fonts at all (can't be forced no matter what you do), so laie_techie suggested to use an alternative in case they don't. And he's correct.

Here is a code which will work in most browsers: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/using-font-face/ To use it, you need to convert fonts to different formats. Use a tool like http://www.fontsquirrel.com/
D666 my man you are awesome Smile
Pages: 1 2