MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple word change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Change the board stats from:
Quote:0 of whom are invisible
To
anonymous members

Post Icon would be nicer if it was under your message. In the message editor. It would make things easy to use and view.

The ban list should let you ban by IP, IPport, username, and email.
Also, you should be able to upload ban lists, and export ban lists.

In the admin CP the top logo takes up like one inch of room. This makes it hard to view the rest of the admin CP. Don't take all the room up with a top logo.

1. filter groups
2. Exact of general filtering with wild cards example:
Exact:
badword can be badword* or *badword and get past filter.
General:
badword found anywhere will be blocked, no matter how many before or after characters you add to it. So, badword* or *badword are blocked.
3.Import and export filters.
Why? They aren't anonymous, they are invisible...
You mean a 'moved' icon instead of a 'closed' icon for moved threads?
You can change it in the Language Manager in the ACP.
You can ban by IP username and email. Why would you want to import ban lists and export them and why would you want to ban by port?
Uhm... is your screen like 3 inches?
If you want ALL of those features why don't you just buy a vB license?
"anonymous, they are invisible..."
They are the same thing!
Invisible is the same as anonymous. It describes it better and simplifies the phrasings. It should be in the full copy by default.
Question.

What's with you and the obsession of 'omg its the same thing but it must be changed!'
I own a full IPB, however I could see myself using mybb if they add in some features.
This is not that hard all you have to do is put in wild cards, and group it differently.

It makes sense to do it that way.
No, I have a 3 monitor, 20inch wide screen setup.
That dose not mean, I want to stare at a logo taking up valuable space, and be forced to scroll down an inch more every time. What is so hard about a smaller top logo?
powernet Wrote:I own a full IPB, however I could see myself using mybb if they add in
This is not that hard all you have to do is put in wild cards, and group it differently.

You keep telling yourself that. You think we just have all the time in the world to impliment every little, stupid feature? Think again. At MyBB we stride for BALANCE. Not like vB where its filled with features and crap to the top of the glass.

powernet Wrote:I own a full IPB, however I could see myself using mybb if they add in some features.

Features have its price. Just live with it.
First off,
"of whom are invisible"
Is over wordy, takes up more space that it should, and looks unprofessional in my opinion.
Anonymous members would have the same meaning but would be simpler and easy to understand. Also, it takes up slightly less bandwidth if you really want to get technical.

It is not the same thing, one is more efficient and effective then the other.
Quote:You can ban by IP username and email.
I do not see the settings, other then by registered user.

Quote:Why would you want to import ban lists and export them and why would you want to ban by port?
More control and can help ban very specific users.
Also, import and export list because you do not have to add ip's and info one by one. Export for simple backups.
"If it's not broken, don't fix it."

FYI There's NOTHING wrong with the way it is.
Well, then what is the point of a bad word filter if you can not filter words right?
Users can just get past it so easy.
Pages: 1 2 3