MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Poll Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
+1 from me
It would be a great addition to the polls
As I said in the other thread, I'd also like to see this in core.
(2015-06-14, 02:01 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said in the other thread, I'd also like to see this in core.

thanks for suppport and all other people that posted here
A multiple question pool sounds very interesting.

- Will help to keep one’s forum with a broad subject (e.g: movies, games…) organized, and keep single threads about the same matter.
- Allow people to answer, discuss and show their opinion about two or more questions on this same matter.

I would love to see this ASAP
(2015-08-18, 11:47 PM)TimeBandit Wrote: [ -> ]A multiple question pool sounds very interesting.

- Will help to keep one’s forum with a broad subject (e.g: movies, games…) organized, and keep single threads about the same matter.
- Allow people to answer, discuss and show their opinion about two or more questions on this same matter.

I would love to see this ASAP

thanks for support idea and reputation.

I fully agree with you. I also feel extremely being limited by the lack of this.
one of my forum i moved from phpbb and i happy with mybb.
but i have another in SMF with this mod ( Additional Polls ) http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/in...p?mod=1586 (this mod is very popular in smf). I searched in mods site of mybb and i not found something like in mybb. Someone know if has something like to mybb?
I want move this another in SMF to Mybb, but without this is complicated. Poll generate competition in some option, increase posts number in thread (because users discusses the results and tries to convince to another users vote for your choice) and someone call friend to register in forum to increase vote in some option, so increase traffic and participation. I hope this will be available as soon to be able to move to MyBB.
@soulgem

1 - Mybb not has plugin of this. And pratically impossible made plugin of this as you can see here http://community.mybb.com/thread-169870-...pid1154756
2 - Better you continue with SMF. Here hardly will happen. You can read this thread for more details http://community.mybb.com/thread-169870.html . Maybe i will move to another platform, that better not expect it.

Some dev who recently joined to MyBB team is totally against the idea. Saying that few people will use or has interest in it.

I not know why removed idea page. This is one of most voted idea in idea site with 137 votes in 5/21/2012 (2º page of total of 98 pages). https://web.archive.org/web/201205211923...op-rated/2

[Image: I66EnuB.png]
[Image: pwlS03n.png]

and has repeted idea... so in total has more than 137 votes.

[Image: NaQkBDd.png]
Martec, I don't know how many times I need to say this but just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean this won't happen. I personally would like to have multiple polls per topic as I can see it being useful in many situations. I've never said otherwise. One developer not agreeing with you doesn't mean that the feature will never happen - we operate as a democracy: always have, always will. You need to learn to be patient and to stop pestering - repeatedly complaining about something over and over isn't likely to change anything and will in fact end up with you just being ignored by most people.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there are rather a large number of suggestions being posted at a time. Trying to keep on top of them by reading and replying to every thread, whilst also providing support, doing development work, writing blog posts, and more is extremely difficult. We as staff members have a limited amount of time and do the best that we can with what free time we do have. All I'm asking for is a little respect and patience, both of which you've showed a lack of.

Also regarding the following:

Quote:Some dev who recently joined to MyBB team is totally against the idea. Saying that few people will use or has interest in it.

How long a staff member has been on the team does not matter. Everybody gets an equal vote (including the community) as we make our choices via an RFC process. Your thread already has 5 staff members supporting it, plus Matt has previously stated he'd like to see it. Just because one developer doesn't like the idea, that doesn't mean anything. I think you've taken Josh's word as gospel, which it really was not. All staff posts are their own opinions unless otherwise stated.

If you do want to move to another platform, we're not going to stop you. We're not going to help you migrate either though, so that's entirely up to you.
I'd also like to note that I later said in the thread that I was okay with it being added to the core [if the demand was there]. It wasn't something I personally wanted to see our development time go towards at the time, seeing as we've historically fallen behind on deadlines all the time.

Minimum Viable Product is what we have to complete at this time, which is where my comments originated from. Multiple poll questions is not a function of minimally-viable forum software functionality. I also wouldn't be against an official plugin existing for it; a couple tables and a pivot table would solve the problem just as easily as far as database changes for this kind of a plugin.
(2015-08-26, 06:55 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Minimum Viable Product is what we have to complete at this time, which is where my comments originated from. Multiple poll questions is not a function of minimally-viable forum software functionality. I also wouldn't be against an official plugin existing for it; a couple tables and a pivot table would solve the problem just as easily as far as database changes for this kind of a plugin.

This.

There will be functionality that doesn't go into 2.0 that might go into 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.x etc etc. We have to draw the line somewhere otherwise 2.0 will never ship.
Pages: 1 2 3