MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set/Change Usergroups in UserCP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

Since my Mod turned him self into an admin via ACP and there is no setting to stop this from happening, I wish to make the "Users & Groups"-Section unusable for him. So I made him and all of his accounts group leader of our five main usergroups, plus banned and new registrations (after confiming an e-mail) groups.

When I visit my UserCp and go to the whole group stuff, I can make users member of one of the five usergroups, but they are still displayed (color) as the new registered for example. Its seems this Option only gives them a secondary usergroup, but is not changing the primary usergroup? It is also impossible to delete a user from a group this way. Mybb says, they are deleted, but they are still shown in the list.

Basically I wish that my mod could change the primary usergroup (which is the display group as well) and add/delete users to groups via UCP. Is this a bug, or is there a fault somewhere?

Thanks,
Rae
Use Admin Permissions to stop others from accessing things you don't want them to be able to use. You can get to this from Admin CP->Users & Groups->Admin Permissions.

Using groups like that is intended to only change secondary usergroups; it isn't intended to change their primary usergroup.
Thank you. (: Yes, I knew there is this option with the admin permissions, but if I do this now, users can't be given a welcome on board (= changing them from new registered to a main group).

Is there a way to modify some .php file, so the primary group can be changed with the UCP? Sad (Or making the secondary group the display group at least?)
The file you'd need to change would be managegroup.php. This handles all group join requests. I don't see any plugin hook near the relevant area. For allowing them to use the group as a display group, when you are editing a usergroup, just make sure that users can set it to their display group.
Ok, but I only want Moderators to do that. No user action, since this always takes years to get them active. *lol* So, what file would be the part, where Mods can manage all the stuff? Maybe its possible to set all the additional user group stuff to primary user group stuff in the .php files or maybe parts of the data base?

Or something to set 'use additional user group' for displaygroup in the ACP? Now, I can only set the primary group as display group.
I thought you could choose when editing a group, but apparently not. When you edit a user in the Admin CP you can choose what group should be their display group. Primary Group is the default option, but it is editable.
Hm, but mods shall no longer be able to use the ACP and it's their job to give the users a welcome. ^^ I need to find a way so that mods can edit primary user groups via UCP or change the additional usergroup and display group in UCP. Or a way to make the additional user group the display group.

Is there no possibilty to change the php files or database parts? :/ It is a huge thing that mods need to access to the ACP to moderate users properly (change display groups/primary groups) I think. Hopefully newer Versions will change that or just take the possibility to make oneself to an Admin in the ACP. Sad
It'd be difficult editing a current page. I think it would be better to create a custom page to do this. To make a new page with the MyBB back end, start the file with
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
// your code goes here.
?>
A custom page in the ModCP where the Mod can change the primary group and displaygroup? That would be nice, but I have to say, my php-knowledge isn't that advanced to write that.

Maybe I could use the managegroups.php for help? Which parts have to be changed on the new file?
Anyone? Smile I'm still wondering if the managegroup-file helps to write the own one?
Pages: 1 2