MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just started my new forum and I got this error when people register and do not receive the activation email,
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

my host is GoDaddy

Can someone help?

Forum URL: TheTechHost.com
1. create a test file and check the mail function as stated here: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

2. make sure your host support php mail. also confirm that they support mail from/to non domain email addresses. that is few hosts require that one of the email address (either from or to) to be from the domain.
I agree with mad, godaddy is one of the sites that declines mail for odd reasons. I am pretty sure you need to contact the host and tell them I need mail to be enabled in php.ini. Otherwise here: give this a shot

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); $to = '[email protected]'; if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.')) { echo 'Mail was sent by PHP'; } else { echo 'PHP could not send the mail'; } ?>
Upload this code to a random document with the extension.php so example: testing.php

If it does send it should say Mail was sent by PHP otherwise if it don't you need to contact them to edit the php.ini unless you have access too it.
(2014-06-21, 09:55 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with mad, godaddy is one of the sites that declines mail for odd reasons. I am pretty sure you need to contact the host and tell them I need mail to be enabled in php.ini. Otherwise here: give this a shot

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); $to = '[email protected]'; if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.')) { echo 'Mail was sent by PHP'; } else { echo 'PHP could not send the mail'; } ?>
Upload this code to a random document with the extension.php so example: testing.php

If it does send it should say Mail was sent by PHP otherwise if it don't you need to contact them to edit the php.ini unless you have access too it.

Hi very late reply but I have now done this and the email was sent no problem, but I still don't receive activation emails. Sad
I'm having the same issue did the things what you guys have said here but I'm not receiving the verification email when I use the test script is works.

Ok, It was due to my domain name being a .cf (don't have money to get a .com one) so the spam filter was sending the mail straight to spam folder so I changed my from email webmaster@****.cf to .com and now it's working.

Also this didn't work until I ran the script from the mybb help document any how may mail trouble is over.
(2014-09-02, 04:15 PM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue did the things what you guys have said here but I'm not receiving the verification email when I use the test script is works.

Ok, It was due to my domain name being a .cf (don't have money to get a .com one) so the spam filter was sending the mail straight to spam folder so I changed my from email webmaster@****.cf to .com and now it's working.

Also this didn't work until I ran the script from the mybb help document any how may mail trouble is over.

where do you change the email on?
It's under MyBB ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Admin Email
I don't know how legal it is to send an email from a domain you don't own. But I am guessing it is not.
(2014-09-03, 03:25 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how legal it is to send an email from a domain you don't own.  But I am guessing it is not.

Well I'm not scamming any one just a workaround to fool the spam filter but my reply address is still the correct one.
Any other solutions?
Pages: 1 2