MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Required profile fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, this is not really a bug.

You create a new required profile field. Now the field is empty for all users that registered before. If you want to edit such a user in your Admin-CP you get the error that you did not fill out the field but in most cases the admin does not know the information.

So I suggest that you don't have to fill out these fields in the Admin-CP.
Yeah, I've come across this before and had to type "unknown" in the field, if I was editing the user in ACP. Having that exempted for Admins would be great! Big Grin
I just came across this.. I'd class it as a usability bug.
piXelatedEmpire Wrote:I just came across this.. I'd class it as a usability bug.
It's not really a bug, more or an annoyance, lol Wink Toungue.
Please tell me if this fixes it (upload to inc/datahandlers/):

<removed>
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
Tikitiki Wrote:This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.

no have not fixed...

i uploaded this file in my host, and tested.

when guest fill the register form and submit it, show the php eror in line 79!

then i uploaded my old file in host and chenge this code :

if(!$profile_fields[$field] && $profilefield['required'] == "yes" && !$proferror)
			{
				$this->set_error('missing_required_profile_field', array($profilefield['name']));
			}

to :

if(trim($profile_fields[$field]) == "" && $profilefield['required'] == "yes" && !$proferror && !defined('IN_ADMINCP'))
			{
				$this->set_error('missing_required_profile_field', array($profilefield['name']));
			}

but this way is too have not fixed.

and now i uplouded my old file without change it.

please fix this bug...

thx.
When it's required a user must enter something in it. Something other then whitespaces.
CraKteR Wrote:When it's required a user must enter something in it. Something other then whitespaces.

my required fields are SELECT BOX like :

operation system :
Windows
Linux
Mac

and Country Flag :
US
Canada

This Required Fields (Select box) in register must be select by guest.

but when guest register and select the options of above fields, no options set in their profile....

how fix this?!

thx...
Pages: 1 2