MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 / 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot actually wait for these releases, but..
There wont be no plugins or themes out for it straight away so what is everyone going to do? Stick with 1.6.x for now till 1.8 gets more attention with more themes and plugins?
I intend on updating Social Groups for 1.8 so that will be around. Just need to find the time to do it once the stable release of 1.8 comes out.
(2014-07-03, 09:26 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I intend on updating Social Groups for 1.8 so that will be around. Just need to find the time to do it once the stable release of 1.8 comes out.

When is 1.8 released may I ask?
Also why is 2.0 already on the list when 1.8 isn't done Smile?

I am still considering moving to IPB because there software seems a little more powerful with better themes, MyBB sucks for themes sadly :'(
1.8 will be released when it is ready.

You can browse for themes here. You can also hire someone to do a custom theme for you. I know audentio.com has themes also. They also appear to do custom themes, it may cost more though.
(2014-07-03, 09:32 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]1.8 will be released when it is ready.

You can browse for themes here. You can also hire someone to do a custom theme for you. I know audentio.com has themes also. They also appear to do custom themes, it may cost more though.

Is it easy to transfer over themes and plugins to MyBB 1.8?
Themes probably not because there has been a lot of template changes. Plugins, I think it depends on the plugin. If the plugin makes its own new pages, it will likely work fine. If it doesn't, it may or may not work. I haven't looked at if any hooks moved.
(2014-07-03, 09:28 PM)AshHQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-03, 09:26 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I intend on updating Social Groups for 1.8 so that will be around. Just need to find the time to do it once the stable release of 1.8 comes out.

When is 1.8 released may I ask?
Also why is 2.0 already on the list when 1.8 isn't done Smile?

I am still considering moving to IPB because there software seems a little more powerful with better themes, MyBB sucks for themes sadly :'(

1.8 will be released when it is ready though bare in mind beta 2 was released and the plan is to have 1 more beta before going stable.

2.0 is being mentioned as it goes into development once 1.8 has been released as stable.
The active developers will have them updated as soon as they can, so it wouldn't be too long I would presume.
That's the problem though don't think many people will use MyBB 1.8 straight away until there's more plugins, themes etc updated for that version of MyBB
(2014-07-05, 01:01 AM)Ashley S Wrote: [ -> ]That's the problem though don't think many people will use MyBB 1.8 straight away until there's more plugins, themes etc updated for that version of MyBB

A lot of the more popular plugins that almost every board used are integrated into 1.8.
Pages: 1 2