MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Password help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HI, I have recently lost my fourms due to hackers, completely, i have no control and the hosting company are not good.. I know a way to hack into my fourms which i have already done but i cannot decrypt the MyBB passwords I really need help ASAP so if someone knows how please tell me or atleast around, i would really appreciate it.
Are you asking how you can get the passwords for the users from the database? You literally can't do that.

But you might be asking something else, I don't know. Try being more clear with how you explain your problem.
I'm assuming the person who got in to your database is logging in as other users?
If that is the case it is due to the fact that to log in as someone else you only need the uid and loginkey (That is what the login cookie checks against).

Loginkeys get generated when the user changes their password, or when the user logs in if they have no key set.

From PHPMyAdmin, run
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `loginkey`=""
that will remove every users loginkey, forcing them to be logged out. Next time they log in they will get a new loginkey generated.

Obviously this won't achieve much if the bad guys can still access your database, so fix that first.
Guys i just need help cracking the passwords, i have the salt, password, login key, everything i just need to know how to decrypt the passwords
This seems very sketchy, nonetheless you're not going to have any luck with cracking those passwords, they're encrypted to stay that way.
The point of encrypting passwords is that you can't ever get the original password, although I will admit md5 is not the most secure function when it comes to cryptography.
We obviously won't tell you how to crack them here. Why would you even do that? That's a really fishy way to recover your forum.
Instead of trying to crack your own password(if it is even yours) you can reset it via login, by clicking "forgot my password." It will send you a session id and then you will be sent a login form that asks you to change it.
(2014-07-05, 03:49 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of trying to crack your own password(if it is even yours) you can reset it via login, by clicking "forgot my password." It will send you a session id and then you will be sent a login form that asks you to change it.

that's not going to work if the hacker has changed the email address..

@OP why you want to crack the password to recover your forum. that seems to be a very fishy way. don't you have access to the database....
(2014-07-05, 08:02 AM)itzme Wrote: [ -> ]Guys i just need help cracking the passwords, i have the salt, password, login key, everything i just need to know how to decrypt the passwords

There's no reason you'd need to do that.
Pages: 1 2