MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply - add bar for text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-07-07, 05:05 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-07, 04:54 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I suggested to mybb devs to release new builds more often, not after 2 years
People already complain about updates breaking their existing themes and plugins. Undecided

OK, but you can release minor versions - a bridge between two major releases (1.8 and 2.0 for example). My idea - every 3-4 months release one bigger release, between small bug fix releases. This could help to mybb community and to this whole project - this bigger release could bring some minor features, which do not affect whole core of mybb.

MyBB supports plugins natively, but plugins/mods cannot slow mybb developement...
We cannot wait another 2-3 years (or even more) for MyBB 2.0... just make more smaller steps than one huge!
Let's keep this on topic please. Talking about development pace doesn't help anybody.

If you want to add the wysiwyg editor to quick reply, it should just take a template edit which will take next to no time.
MyBB 2.0 won't have (almost) anything in common with 1.8 - just take a look at http://community.mybb.com/thread-99746.html and you'll notice keywords like 'framework', 'mobile functionality' or 'template engine', so your 'small steps' theory couldn't be more incorrect in this case.

As for quick reply WYSIWYG - as Euan said, it's a matter of a simple template edit. Personally I don't mind it being optional, but if it has already been refused, it's not a big loss for me as I can write a tutorial about adding it in no more than 5 minutes.
Yes, thats the problem... myBB 2.0 will be totally rewritten from scratch... it will take at least 2 years, why not make MyBB 1.10 and then 2.0? New features could be written for easy backporting
MyBB 1.8's code base is already well outdated and back porting new features such isn't a suitable course of action with the plans we have in place.

Either way, this isn't the place to discuss it. If you want to continue the discussion, please start a new thread and keep this one on topic.
(2014-07-07, 05:05 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]That's not true. While the files will be cached, it still adds a notable time to render the editor (which would be unnecessary for most cases).

I never felt this difference. And loading page images takes much longer. Speaking of that depends on the ability of browsers handle scripts.
Anyway... i donĀ“t saying to put this in core. I want to say that for me not make any sense user option, and some small plugin with some edit in template is enough for those who want to use this feature.
I agree... so MyBB 1.8 is closing, but tutorial would be nice
(2014-07-08, 11:56 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I agree... so MyBB 1.8 is closing, but tutorial would be nice

i already done tutorial:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-155797.html
(2014-07-08, 12:00 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 11:56 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I agree... so MyBB 1.8 is closing, but tutorial would be nice

i already done tutorial:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-155797.html

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3