MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning message if new reply is posted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-07-13, 02:40 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]but for me has one problem to implement this.
how will determine which is last post (pid or dateline) when user accessed the topic?
i see here plugin "While you were typing" and plugin use something $_SESSION['page_access_time'], i can not find this as a good solution.

In case of quick reply we've already got the posts list (last post ID is probably not separated but that's not really a problem) and when using the standard reply form we might just query the DB for it and insert it to the form.
Another way is to use the MyBB "threadsread" system already in place - it contains the tid and dateline, and this would also solve the issue when new replies are posted between the thread view page and reply page.

(2014-07-13, 12:10 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]they may choose any method of implementation but it must be disabled by default.
Why not both and making it <select>-able (off, AJAX, on reply)?

If choosing the on-reply method only it would be nice to make the code plugin-friendly (for plugins that would make also the AJAX method available).
I hope there will be a plugin for this... MyBB 1.8 is close to B3. Is there anoone who can make a PR for this or at least colaborate to add this feature?
Pages: 1 2 3