MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Right clicking thread title makes it editable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you right click the thread title on threadlisting the title will become editable. I have tried this on beta 2 and beta 3 forums and it still exists. Thank you. Smile
This isn't suited to Bugs and Issues. Moved to feedback.
Actually, I think it would be a bug since that's not how it should work (only if you press left mouse button for a long time). "Would" because I can't reproduce it in latest Chrome/FF or even IE8 (doesn't work there at all unsurprisingly).
(2014-07-27, 12:57 PM)fxzt Wrote: [ -> ]If you right click the thread title on threadlisting the title will become editable. I have tried this on beta 2 and beta 3 forums and it still exists. Thank you. Smile

The bold part makes me think he misspelled and wanted to say left click.
It doesn't work with a right click on my end neither. That's why I moved it, left me with the impression of a feedback.
who misspells right vs. left click? if right clicking does that, it's probably a bug.
I'm not sure if it's a problem in practice...

I just tested it, and can reproduce the issue. However, 1.6 has the same behaviour. One normally wouldn't notice it since it only happens if you hold the mouse key for a while, which you don't usually do for right clicks.
(2014-07-27, 05:06 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]who misspells right vs. left click? if right clicking does that, it's probably a bug.
I'm not sure if it's a problem in practice...

I just tested it, and can reproduce the issue. However, 1.6 has the same behaviour. One normally wouldn't notice it since it only happens if you hold the mouse key for a while, which you don't usually do for right clicks.

Given the whole wording of the message, I don't think it was unreasonable of me to interpret it that way.

Either way, moved back to B&I
(2014-07-27, 02:15 PM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-27, 12:57 PM)fxzt Wrote: [ -> ]If you right click the thread title on threadlisting the title will become editable. I have tried this on beta 2 and beta 3 forums and it still exists. Thank you. Smile

The bold part makes me think he misspelled and wanted to say left click.
It doesn't work with a right click on my end neither. That's why I moved it, left me with the impression of a feedback.

I meant to say that the bug still exists.
@frostschutz, there is a difference between clicking and holding the key. The 2nd indeed edits the thread title but that doesn't really seem to be an issue - it doesn't block or disturb anything else. So I'm not sure why would this be considered a bug.
(2014-07-27, 08:11 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]@frostschutz, there is a difference between clicking and holding the key. The 2nd indeed edits the thread title but that doesn't really seem to be an issue - it doesn't block or disturb anything else. So I'm not sure why would this be considered a bug.

I tested this bug again but on my Windows computer and this seems to be more of an issue with the Apple trackpad. But it can be frustrating if the forum requires edits to be moderated because even if you don't edit the title it still appears in the moderation queue.
You can cancel with the escape key, then no edit should be registered anywhere.

Quote:So I'm not sure why would this be considered a bug.

Well, it just feels wrong. You have a popup menu half over the input field then, or in case of a poll the field even jumps to the next line, and the link it was to copy is not there anymore (if that's why you right-clicked in the first place)...
Pages: 1 2