MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After going through the whole php and perl forum script section at hotscripts I finally decided to use myBB on my own board (that hopefully gonna be up and running soon). VB is to expensive for me and Invision I personally never liked that much (and even less since they put that damn limits on their free trail and did become paid) well and phpBB is plain and simply to odd and old as it is now and from the others that seems to be the best (also I have to admit there were 2 others beside myBB that were also in the closer decision). Now all I wanna know is if it will be easy to upgrade from RC 4 to gold or if it would be better to wait till gold is will be released! Sorry don't know that question has been already ask but yeah!
Upgrading from the current version to gold will be easy, posts and members etc will be kept. However as the theme system is being heavily modified in gold you will have to skin your board again. So i really don't see the problem in you using rc4 for now.
Cool, thank, that was exactly what I wanted to know. For reskining and stuff like that, I am gonna keep the standard skin anyway and I won't install any mods aswell till gold is out Wink!
Yup! I can't wait till Gold either. Also I'm sure the developers would thank you for choosing MyBB as your chosen forum. I hope you enjoy the ez of use with MyBB.

Yup Gold will hopefull pass all beta tests and will be released in around mid febuary! [wishes to Chris]
Probably a dump question, but anyway. All mods I installed will be lost. Are also all changes I made myself in the templates are lost (I sugest so, just want to know Smile ).
yes Bill, they will be since the templates will be updated with new code. The only way to do it, it overide the old ones. But not to worry, if you take a note of every modified template, youll get it re-done in no time.