MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FTP Help (Filezilla Help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
How can i make a file (for example .php) in FTP unicode , as i have stuff in arabic for the homepage , and it displays "?????" and it needs to be set to "Unicode" to be able to solve this

PS: Converting a file to read non english characters , as it displays ?????
bump
i need help
which editor you are using ? editor like notepad++ is recommended.
file needs to be saved with utf-8 encoding without BOM.
im using the normal notepad can you tell me what phases should i process in order to get them working?
(2014-08-17, 11:28 AM)MuhammedSuleiman Wrote: [ -> ]im using the normal notepad can you tell me what phases should i process in order to get them working?

you can change encoding with notepad++ to utf-8 encoding without BOM.

once you save file you upload it and those ???? should be gone and it should show arabic text.
i downloaded notepad++ now what , if you have a good video that would be great,

What steps should i do now
Make sure to upload using binary, not ASCII, too.

Also +1 to Notepad++, makes checking/changing the encoding pretty easy:
[Image: DptESh5.png]
What i've done is:

1. Downloading Notepad++ from: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.8.html
2. In the wizard i did not check anything of the list , i dont know what are they for so i didnt do anything
3. Once the Download is complete went to notepad++.exe > Encoding > Convert to UF-8 Without BOM
When i went to filezilla and tried to edit the normal notepad file and saved it it still displays ???????
BUMP
Still in need for answer

Quote:What i've done is:

1. Downloading Notepad++ from: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.8.html
2. In the wizard i did not check anything of the list , i dont know what are they for so i didnt do anything
3. Once the Download is complete went to notepad++.exe > Encoding > Convert to UF-8 Without BOM
When i went to filezilla and tried to edit the normal notepad file and saved it it still displays ???????
Still need assistance ASAP!
Pages: 1 2