MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customers Suck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have you ever worked somewhere where you had to deal with customers (clients, etc)? 

What types of things did those customers do to really get under your skin and irritate the hell out of you? Angry

How do you handle a problem customer?
I'm working at a web design company over summer. We have clients that ask for something, decide they don't like it and say "how about you do it just like this! *points to random web address*".

We then spend hours implementing what they want (it's usually some obscure functionality that requires a ton of javascript) and present it to them. They often come back with "oh, i don't really think it fits, just change it to how it was before".

Needless to say it makes us rather angry, but we smile and do as instructed.
Your business is nothing without them. I have had zero complains so far. I'm always honest to my clients and I believe they appreciate that, even though some times they don't want to hear the truth.
Some times I know I could have acted differently during an act of anger; that I could have saved word X or Y to myself or that I could have said something else instead. We all make mistakes and we learn from them.

Your relationships with your clients are very important. Treat them well, value them. It will surprise you the amount of friends you can make from making good business.
I work at a restaurant, and as much as I love what I do, perhaps what I hate the most is being looked down upon by clientele because of my job. People assume that if you work at a restaurant, you exhausted better opportunities, and use that as a license to be difficult towards you and/or not to treat you as a human being when the kitchen doesn't make something exactly right.

That said, I do enjoy my job. There is more than enough good to make up for the bad, so I can't really complain.
Clients may be frustrating sometimes, but like Pirata said, you have to give them your honest opinion. They know they're paying you because you know how to do something they don't, it gives you the opportunity to educate them. If they don't care about learning and want to instruct the whole process (Whether it's design, code, etc) let them, as they're the client and they're paying for it.

What frustrates me are the ones that attempt to rip you off, however. They ask for a design, you finish it and ask for payment before sending the final product, then they disappear. x.x
I worked retail for 3 years, drove buses (Megabus) for 5 years and now I'm a manager for Megabus. Customers like to take their bad mood out on you no matter what job you do. Just gotta kill them with kindness. I've gotten so good at it most of them end up saying sorry for their actions.
i work in research development company, i was in public relations and had to deal with influx of bad mouthing people, until one day i decided to work from home. no more headaches.
(2014-08-17, 04:57 PM)Schillerfan64 Wrote: [ -> ]i work in research development company, i was in public relations and had to deal with influx of bad mouthing people, until one day i decided to work from home. no more headaches.

Haha, that's better.
i think the worst customer service is comcast. like i was wanting to fix a internet connection issue, the rep said, hangon let me ask my supervisor. i waited 2 hours before the line got cut off. i ended up driving 25 miles to nearest customer care center lmao
Pages: 1 2 3