MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft delete setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this has been reported or not but in the ACP  for the soft delete setting it says 

If enabled it allows to restore posts and threads deleted by users. Otherwise these posts and threads will be destroyed permanently.

I feel there is a missing word there or something. Like who it allows to restore. 

Or maybe if enabled it allows posts to be restored etc.

Very nit picky I know but just something I noticed browsing through the acp.
What do you suggest? Tell me
(2014-08-22, 01:02 PM)Nickman Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe if enabled it allows posts to be restored etc
A simple rewording  like that would make it read better
Tell me the full sentence - I will look at it
maybe a 'you' in there would look better, like so:

If enabled it allows you to restore posts and threads deleted by users. Otherwise these posts and threads will be destroyed permanently.
I kinda agree, though the sentence is gramatically correct, but it feels like some word is missing when reading it.

If enabled, it allows [???] to restore threads and posts...

vs

If enabled, it allows you to restore threads and posts...
(2014-08-23, 07:09 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]maybe a 'you' in there would look better, like so:

If enabled it allows you to restore posts and threads deleted by users. Otherwise these posts and threads will be destroyed permanently.

I like this
it may even need a comma or two, though I'm not a grammar aficionado:

If enabled, it allows you to restore posts and threads deleted by users. Otherwise, these posts and threads will be destroyed permanently.
I just need to wait until mybb team push this to github... fix is easy
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1316

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Pages: 1 2